thirteen

annies pov

"you know annie, i dont know how you do it." hayden said as he wrapped his arm around me. "do what?" i laughed. "wake up.. and taking care of your little brother knowing that your parents are gone." he said. "well family is always before me, and aiden means the whole world to me, he really needs me right now, you know?" i smiled. "always." he smiled.

he walked me back to the zieglers. "well this is where we say bye?" i smiled as i reached in for a hug. this hug made me feel safe, it made me forget about everything for a few seconds. "ill see you tomorrow?" he asked as we release. "definitely." he smiled, and walked off into the night.

Haydens Pov

"you're back so late hayden." my mom said as she locked the door. "i was with annie leblanc." i smiled. "awww.. that's good that you're spending so much time with her now, you better get in as much time as you can with her." she smiled. "what do you mean?" i asked. her face went pale. "what's wrong???" I questioned. "well since annie and aiden have no one to watch them anymore, they might have to go into the system if no one wants them or are able to take care of them. I heard, that its a 85% chance that they will most likely go into the foster care system." my mom explained and my heart dropped.