ten

previously on:

hannie • you took me for granted.

"annie.. earlier at around 8:40pm, your parents were involved in a 5 car accident, on the free way, they were flown by helicopter to the best hospital in maryland, due to how bad their conditions were. this is the most hardest thing to say... but annie, both of your parents are on life support. they didnt make it once they reached the hospital, but we asked to keep them on life support, so you and aiden can say your see you laters. on behalf of the police officers, we're sorry for your losses." The officer said.

tears were the only thing on my face.

"Can i see them.." I cried. "yes, but you and your brother have to be flown to the hospital due to how far the hospital is.." The cop replied. "ill grab him." i replied, as i wiped my eyes.

<><><><><><>

Annies pov

aiden and i ran into the hospital. i gripped on to him so tightly.

"whatever happens from here, ill always be here for you." i said as i kissed him, and as we approached their room door.

i opened the door, and i broke. "mommy, daddy..." Aiden called out, with his voice going weak.

he was only four, but i know he is smart enough to realize what is happening.

i went to my mom and dad, and sat on the chair and pulled aiden on to my lap.

throughout the few hours, we talked to them, and we cried most of the time.

it was the evening.

the nurse walked in and asked, "when ever you think they're ready, let me know, okay?" she said. "you can take them now." i said with tears in my eyes. aiden and i gave them both a kiss.

"im sorry for your guys' loss." the nurse said, as she gave us both a heart pillow.

i nodded to her, and returned to the lobby where everyone was, waiting for aiden and i.

i faced everyone. "im ready to leave. now." i gulped as i told mommy mel.

•••

the whole car ride back to kenzies house, it was silent. once we got there, i went straight into the guest room, and cried myself to sleep. with only one thing that kept repeating itself, on my mind, "my parents are gone forever."

•••

mommy mel's pov

"i feel for them." i told maddie, as i shut the door, so aiden can sleep peacefully on my bed. "everyone does. i mean losing BOTH parents. i cant imagine." maddie sighed.

then the door bell rang. "ill grab that, now you head on to bed, it's been a long day." i said as i kissed her forehead.

i approached the door, and opened it to reveal the police who gave us the news.

"wheres the two young ones?" Officer garcia asked. "asleep." i said. "well we'd like to have a word with you alone, can you step out?" they asked. "of course." I said, as i walked out and the shut the door behind me.

"julianna and aiden are minors. both parents are gone. their grandparents are deceased. that means we dont know who to turn to anymore. the two kids might go into to the system." Officer garcia explained. "as in, foster care?" i asked.

"yes. but anyone can take custody of the two, as long as they were close to the family. other than that, the court date to determine what will happen to the kids, is one week from now." officer replied.