eight

previously on:

Hannie • You Took Me For Granted.

"i do miss her kenzie. you're right. i miss the memories. our memories. i miss being her best friend. i miss the piggy back rides, the bike rides, the lake swims, the shopping, everything.  annie was the most sweetest, loving, beautiful, nice, smartest, girl i knew. i could call her every nice name in the book.... i miss the way she made me feel. when we were younger, she made me feel loved in the world where i felt like no one loved me." hayden said.

"hayden i—i—i dont know what to say." kenzie sighed. "you dont have to say anything." hayden smiled through screen.

at the very moment, i knew that through all of the bullying and the crap i put hayden through, he still seen the good in me.

and people like him, are so rare.

<><><>

annies pov

hayden and kenzie were still on facetime.

"you still see the good in her dont you?" kenzie asked. "thats all i see in her. is the good. not the bad. if you met the annie that i met in kindergarten, you'd understand." hayden said. "you're strong. you know that? dont let her bring you down... ill talk to you later hayden, shes waiting for me.." kenzie said. "hey wait kenzie.." Hayden said. "Yeah?" i heard kenzie say. "thank you, for being my friend." hayden replied. "you don't have to thank me, ever." kenzie said, as she ended the call.

when she ended the call, i ran back to the bed and pretended i was on my phone.

kenzie finally walked in. "sorry i had to take that." kenzie said. "its cool." i smiled. she smiled back at me.

"lets play uno!" kenzie said as she pulled the card game out of her drawer.

third person pov

kenzie taught annie how to play uno and the two played for hours.

"I GOT YOU! I WIN!!" kenzie shouted, as her and annie laughed. "alright champion, let me go check on the little one downstairs." annie said as she climbed out of kenzies bed.

••

annies pov

i ran downstairs and the house was pretty dark. but the tv was on.

I walked over to the couch and seen aiden cuddled up in maddies arms, they were both sleeping.

it brought a smile to my face.

"that's the cutest thing aint it? it warms my heart." mommy mel said walking into the living room.

"it warms mine too." i smiled, as i gave her a quick hug, and started to head upstairs.

as i was heading upstairs, the doorbell rang.
"annie, honey, can you get that!" mommy mel shouted. "Yes!" i shouted back, and paced to the front door.

i turned on the the porch light, and i flew the door open, to see two police men.

"we're looking for a Julianna LeBlanc."