seven

previously on:

Hannie • You Took Me For Granted.

"that was harsh.." She sighed. "i know! i dont know what i was thinking..." I said as i looked down. "being popular is really getting to your head." kenzie said.

i looked at her.

"you're right." i sighed in shame.

then kenzies phone was ringing.

"ill be back, i need to take this." she giggled. "and who might that be?" i smirked.

"hayden summerall." she responded with a huge smile.

<><><><>

annies pov

kenzie happily skipped to maddies room to have a private conversation with hayden.

it a hurt inside to know they were being good friends, because that should be me.

i think kenzie forgot that theres a bathroom that connects her and maddies room, so i went inside, because on maddies side the door was wide, open so i could see everything and hear everything.

i quickly hopped out of the bed, and went in to the bathroom, to get a better sound of what they were talking about.

third person pov

"what are you doing?" hayden said through the screen as he was facetiming kenzie. "hanging with anns." kenzie replied. "anns?" he asked. "Annie LeBlanc." she said. "oh." hayden said, leaving awkward silence.

"did you hear about the other night?" hayden asked kenz. "where she poured the milkshake on you? yeah." kenzie sighed. "that night i knew my best friend from first grade was still in there. when she turned back at me, there was a little sparkle in her eye, that has always been there since we were friends." hayden trailed off. "i love annie, shes my best friend in the whole world. but why do you continue to try to be her friend after she bullies you, and puts you down. it looks like she doesnt even care about you." kenzie replied.

annie knew kenzie was right.

"i dont know. I guess thats just the kind of person i am. or maybe because we have a history together." hayden sighed. "or is it because you miss her?" kenzie asked.

hayden stayed quiet for a few seconds.

"i do miss her kenzie. you're right. i miss the memories. our memories. i miss being her best friend. i miss the piggy back rides, the bike rides, the lake swims, the shopping, everything. annie was the most sweetest, loving, beautiful, nice, smartest, girl i knew. i could call her every nice name in the book.... i miss the way she made me feel. when we were younger, she made me feel loved in the world where i felt like no one loved me." hayden said.

"hayden i—i—i dont know what to say." kenzie sighed. "you dont have to say anything." hayden smiled through screen.

annies pov

at the very moment, i knew that through all of the bullying and the crap i put hayden through, he still seen the good in me.

and people like him, are so rare.

••