two

previously on:

hannie • you took me for granted.

until this day, six grades later, im still nice to her, and I'll continue to be here for her, even if we arent best friends.

april tenth, 2010 i made a promise to annie grace leblanc. and it was that, ill be her bestfriendforever, no matter what happens.

i still live up to that promise. but i dont think she does.

haydens pov

"hello? hayden!" Mrs.Cruz snapped her fingers.
i realized i was the only one still in line.
"o—oh, sorry!" i said as I walked into class. "hurry up! dang, pay attention next time!" annie yelled out, and laughed.

then the other kids started laughing along. i felt sick to my stomach, and felt like i was going to throw up, so i ran out of the room, to the nearest trash can, and thew up. not one, not twice, not three times, but four times.

i drank water, and sat down on a bench, slightly shaking. i was sitting there for a cool minute when i heard a voice say "hey, are you okay?"

i looked up to see Mackenzie Ziegler.

"y—yeah." i sighed. "let me guess... Annie?" she asked. "how'd you know?" i said. "shes my best friend." she laughed. "anyways, what happened?" she said. "she just yelled at me and laughed at me. you know sometimes the things she does, gets to me." i sighed. "i know. im sorry that shes like that..." Kenzie sighed.

"anyways, what happened between you two? weren't you guys like best friends?" kenzie asked. "yes..." i looked down. "how'd things end?" she questioned. "lexi jayde." i croaked.
"im sorry about that." kenzie sighed.

"mackenzie and hayden! back to class!" mrs.g interrupted. "ill talk to you in second." mackenzie smiled as she hugged me.

i hugged her back.. and a smile formed on my face.

in the first time in forever, someone was actually there for me, again.

it was now lunch, and kenzie and i were walking together. we talked the whole second and third period. i felt like i had a friend, again.

"ill catch you in 5th. have a great lunch!" kenzie smiled as she hugged me. "see ya!" i smiled.

third person pov

annie leblanc was waiting for dylan and kenzie at their table when she seen kenzie and hayden laughing and being all giggly while walking into the lunch room.

annie never seen kenzie around hayden, ever.

as they hugged and parted, kenzie came to over to there table, with her sack of lunch.

"what was that all about?" annie rolled her eyes. "im friends with hayden summerall." kenzie said happily. "you're what?" annie snapped. "f-r-i-e-n-d-s." kenzie said.

"why are you friends with the schools biggest loser, and how'd this all start?" annie laughed. "annie, give the boy a break. it all started because of y0u. during first he was sitting out on a bench because he threw up, because of the words you were saying to him. we had a nice long talk. hes super sweet and nice, and hes gentle, and he gives great hugs." kenzie added.

but of course annie leblanc knew all of that, because she used to be hayden summeralls bff.

annie turned away from kenzie, as she began to reminisce the memories of her and hayden.

"hey guys!" dylan said, as she approached the table.

"h—ey." annie stuttered.

now that dylan was their lunch has now began.

•••

a/n happy new years eve, im grateful for yall, xoxo. 💘