sixteen

previously on:

hannie • you took me for granted.

melissa came running downstairs with his backpack. "we have to get going now, because i have an appointment, and i cant be late. have a good day." she said kissing my forehead.

i kissed aiden, and i said i love you. then there he went, out the door.

i was now home alone, everyone was off at school and i was by myself. so i decided to take a shower, and then i made me icecream, and plopped myself onto kenzies bed.

i was watching TATBILB and i received a text.

hayden:
hey annie

<><><><><><><><><><><>

i locked my phone and went to clean up the house a little

as i placed the pillows back on the couch, the doorbell rang. I sprinted over and i opened the door revealing hayden.

i didnt say a word, i just jumped into his arms, and didn't let go. i felt safe in his arms.

we released and i forgot about my eye. "woah, what happened?" he said shutting the door behind him.
"o—oh you know, me and kenz were just play fighting." i said.

"when people play fight they don't usually end up with a swollen black eye." he said. "well car- she pushed me and i fell off the bed hitting my eye on the corner of the table in her room." i replied.

he got up and walked to the freezer. he then walked back to me and placed an ice pack over my eye. "keep this on." he said to me.

it was an hour later and we were talking about some memories that we faintly remembered when we were kids.

"yeah remember when you stepped on a bee hive and got attacked. that day we found out we found out you were allergic to bees." he said laughing.

I couldn't breathe because i was laughing too hard.

"It was your fault." I said as i punched him in the arm.

he stopped me, and he looked at me in my eyes. we had a little moment.

"so are you hungry?" I Asked breaking it off. "U—uh yeah sure." he said with a faint smile. he followed me to the kitchen, and we made some waffles.

as we were eating he asked, "why didn't you tell me?"
"tell you what?" i said as i took a bite of my waffle.

"that you might go into the foster care system." he said. i looked at him.

"im ashamed." i sighed. "ashamed of what? you know i wont judge you." he smiled. "im ashamed because i have no one here to care for me, no one to make me dinner, no one to tuck me in at night, no father to walk me down the aisle. it breaks my heart. why them?" i questioned.

"it's god's timing anns. we can ask all these questions but never get a true answer. everything will play out. whatever happens, i got you through it all." he said as he wrapped his arms around me.