How Long?

Darkness, the only thing I saw was darkness. I collapsed in front of Edd after his future counterpart tried to kidnap me. He injured my back, he nearly killed me! I'm glad I was able to stop him....or else I wouldn't be alive. 

"Taryn! Taryn! Taryn..." 

 I heard a familiar voice, but he sounded extremely upset. I grimaced in pain as I could barely open my Eyelids. "Urgh...." I groaned as I was now able to open my eyes all the way. I was able to move my hands and feet too, but nothing more, as I turned my head slowly in blurry vision to see a familiar face with tears streaming down his eyes. "E...dd..? How...long was....i....o..ut...?" I could barely talk, I smiled weakly, and steadily reached my hand out towards The crying boy. He placed his hand on mine, smiling sweetly, sobbing in surprise. "Taryn...you're ok! You were out for so long...I thought you were....I thought..." he started to cry now, "E..dd! please...dont...cry...im here...Edd..." I slowly got up in a sitting position. I gently placed my hand on his cheek, wiping his tears away. "Edd...im...fine--" I felt a sharp pain in my back, I grunted in pain, bending over. I noticed I was covered in bandages---and, no, not band-aids---my eyes shrunk as a light pink covered my face and ears.

 I noticed I was covered in bandages---and, no, not band-aids---my eyes shrunk as a light pink covered my face and ears

 "Wait....if i...was out....for a long time...then who....?" I looked over to see Matt looking at me with a worried look on his face. "Matt?! YOU dressed my wounds?!" I was now able to speak in a full sentence after screaming at a now freaked out Edd and Matt.  Tom ran in with what looked like a spear. "Alright who just screa----" he stopped in mid-sentence to see my bandaged body. "What happened to you?" He started to sound more worried than Edd did just a minute ago! "I...uh....you may not believe what happened to...me..?" I chuckled nervously at Matt and Tom, giving them confused looks on their faces. "We believe whatever Edd says...so why not you...?" Matt said with curiosity in his voice, head bobbing to the side. "Ok..." I chuckled nervously once more before breathing in and out deeply. "I may or may not...have been nearly kidnapped by a.....how you say...a future version of Edd?" I just had no more to say after seeing Matt and Toms reactions. Their mouths dropped, eyes shrunk in shock. "FUTURE EDD?!!!" Tom and Matt both shouted at once, nearly shaking the walls of my room. I covered my ears in annoyance, wanting to get out of the room. "I thought we got rid of him?" Matt looked towards Tom, shrugging at me, with the same miserable look on Toms face. "Guess Not, huh, I bet you were able to get rid of him, Taryn?" He looked over at me, still holding Edds hand, shrugging back at Tom, with a weak smile on my face. "Meh...I guess I was...until he gave me a giant gash in my back!" I turned slightly to show Tom and Matt the giant hole-like cut in my back. The bandages were somehow transparent under the lighting of my room, so they were able to see my giant cut. Tom's black eyes grew wide in shock. "Thats even worse than the injury I got by that...Commie!" Tom clenched his fists in a sudden rage. "Who's a...Commie?" I bobbed my head in confusion and curiosity. Edd looked to the side, then at me, with what seemed like a worried look on his face. "Future Edd...was the commie! Cuz that's what he is!" The room stayed silent until I smiled at Edd in response."Ok Edd!" He helped me up as Matt got up from the chair that was by my desk. Tom was the first to walk out of my room, he looked to Matt "You coming?" Matt then proceeded after Tom. "We'll be right behind you in a minute!" Edd gave a thumbs up to Tom and Matt as they walked down the stairs that led to my living room. He then looked at me with the same worried look from before. "Taryn, why didn't you get out of there?" He said as he placed his hand on my shoulder. I sighed and looked at his sorrowful eyes. "I didn't know what to do, Edd...I'm sorry I didn't listen to you....even if I went to your house, Future Edd would've followed me there and then killed you all....I'm....IM SORRY!!!" I started to sob over the haunting memories of me being hurt by Future Edd. Edd then looked freaked out and let go of my hand "Oh my god! I-i didn't want to make you cry! I'm sorry!" He placed his hands on my teary cheeks, wiping the tears from my eyes. "Taryn....im sorry I didn't make it there on time to save you...I was so scrambled I just...*sigh*" Edd couldn't find the right words to say, he looked down with doubt in his eyes. 

"Edd....I..." I was still upset about what happened to myself, sucking up the tears, I just stared at Edd. "I'm sorry that this had to happen....I had no idea why Future Edd wanted to take me to the future with him..." I said, lying under my breath, I didn't want him to know what happened to me in the future. I gave Edd a weak smile. "Taryn...." was all he said before giving me a big hug. I willingly returned the hug to Edd. "Edd....how long will it be before...." I stopped in mid-sentence to see Edd in confusion. "Before what?" I let out a deep breath as I looked down. "Before we....go on Adventures together?" I gave him a sweet smile to make him feel better. He started to smile back at me, holding my hand once again. "Maybe....in a few days?" He looked at me in assurance as my eyes grew wide. "Yes!" I gave him a giant hug again and placed a kiss on his forehead.