A Song For Edd...

Taryns POV (POINT OF VIEW) 

"Alright...almost finished! Just gotta work on the last few notes...and then I'll be done!" I was practicing a song on my guitar since Valentine's Day had passed and I wanted to surprise Edd with a song that I loved to the bottom of my heart. It was called "Somewhere Only We Know" by Keane. He had said that it reminded him of himself before he met me...i couldn't be more than happier to do that song for him.

"Hey Taryn!" Faith had walked in on me practicing the last few notes of the song. "AAAHH!!!!" I jumped out of my seat and fell on my rump, catching the guitar in my arms, looking super surprised. "Oh!! S-Sorry!!" Faith helped me up as I dusted off my skirt. "Its ok! Don't be sorry!" I chuckled as she bobbed her head to the side, noticing my guitar. "Whats the guitar for? You practicing a song?" She sounded so confused and curious at the same time. I nodded and took out the note sheet from my shirt pocket. "Its a song I'll be singing to Edd! Y'know...cuz he suggested me that song in particular!" I pulled my shirt collar and blushed slightly. I was becoming nervous as heck!! "OOH!! REALLY?! Did YOU write it?!!" She jumped up and down in total excitement, but I just shook my head, saying "No, s-sorry, but I didn't....it was done by someone else." She stopped jumping and then heard someone else coming down the hallway. 

"Hey Taryn, Edd wants to hear that song now!" It was Tord, he smiled at me as I smiled back, I grabbed the notes and my guitar pick. "Ok, Tord! W-Wait for me, will ya?!" I said as Faith and I followed Tord down the hallway. "Faith...what if Edd doesn't like the way I sing it? What if he doesn't like it at all....?" I grew nervous really fast, heart pounding loud enough for me to hear, breathing quickly in a repetition. Faith carefully glomped onto me giving me a big goofy grin. "Don't worry Taryn! I'm sure he'll love it!! Right Tordie?" Tord turned around and chuckled at Faith in response to what she said. 

"Alright! Here we are!" I noticed Edd sitting on the couch, watching tv, thinking I was still getting ready. 

"Edd! Look who it is!" 

EDDS POV (POINT OF VIEW)

"Edd!! Look who it is!" Tord had shouted to me as I turned around to see Taryn shaking nervously, and Faith was right on her back, she was holding a guitar and it seemed like her grip was loosening. I got up straight away and held the guitar for her as she let go of Faith from her aching back. "T-Thanks Edd!" She chuckled and blushed nervously, I smiled sweetly and gave her a small kiss on her cheek, which made her seem to calm down. "No problem! So...um...can I hear that song now....?" I was twiddling with my thumbs as she seemed to grow nervous again. 

"Well...I'm going to watch Space Zombie Pirates From Hell 5! Faith! Would you care to join me?" Tord looked over to Faith as she grew super excited! "Would I!" She then hopped onto Tords back as he walked down to his room. It was jus Me and her now, I walked over back to the couch as she followed and sat down on the couch, positioning her guitar to a position she was comfortable with. 

"I...um...hope you like this...Eddie...it took me a while to practice but...I just hope you like it!" She giggled and started to strum her guitar to the tune of the song. I sat there quietly and waited for her to sing. It took only 10 seconds before the first few vocals. 

"🎵I walked across an empty land. I knew the pathway like the back of my hand. I felt the earth beneath my feet. Sat by the river and it made me complete.🎵 

The first thing I thought of was when I felt alone, even if I had friends to keep me company, I just never had someone to truly love...

"🎵Oh simple thing, where have you gone? I'm getting old and I need something to rely on. So tell me when you're gonna let me in. I'm getting tired and I need somewhere to begin.🎵"

I then thought of when I then tried to find a girl who I wanted to be with. This was very hard because every woman I met had already been taken or just upright bisexual. 

"🎵I came across a fallen tree
I felt the branches of it looking at me
Is this the place we used to love?
Is this the place that I've been dreaming of?🎵" 

I then thought of the day I met Taryn, she was the most funniest and most beautiful girl I had ever met, she had a lot of things in common with me. Even if she was Autistic, I had loved her from the moment I saw her.

"🎵Oh simple thing, where have you gone?
I'm getting old and I need something to rely on
So tell me when you're gonna let me in
I'm getting tired and I need somewhere to begin.🎵"

I thought of the time  where I had realized I had fallen in love with her. This made me feel better about myself, because then at the time I'd be able to get to know her better...

"🎵And if you have a minute, why don't we go
Talk about it somewhere only we know?
This could be the end of everything
So why don't we go somewhere only we know?
Somewhere only we know🎵"

Tears had been flowing down my face by now. This was when I thought of when we were under the Cherry blossom tree at the park. Where I told her how I felt...sort of...

"🎵And if you have a minute, why don't we go Talk about it somewhere only we know? This could be the end of everything. So why don't we go? So why don't we go?🎵"

I then thought of how she had confessed to me and gave me my first kiss. I smiled through the tears as I somehow started to sob...her voice sounded so beautiful when she sang.

"🎵Oh, this could be the end of everything
So why don't we go somewhere only we know?
Somewhere only we know...
Somewhere only we know.....🎵"

The song had flown by so fast it seemed like time had stopped for that one moment. I started to cry so hard that Taryn started to become extremely sympathetic. "Edd, hon, are you ok?" She placed the guitar down and placed her hands on my shoulders. I smiled and hugged her tightly. "That was beautiful....thank you for coming into my life....I don't know what I'd do if I never met you..." she returned the hug, smiling sweetly as I placed my hand on her cheek, wiping a tear that had fell from her eye. 

"I know how you feel Edd....cuz...I felt the same way..." she closed her eyes and plugged her lips onto mine, kissing me slowly. My eyes grew wide at the sudden response of this. I returned the kiss, but passionately, as my arms had trailed down her back and to her waist. My hands stayed there as she wrapped her arms around my neck. That was when I heard a small grunt from her, I noticed that my left hand was stroking her leg , I took my hand off as i looked directly into her brown eyes, which looked black under this lighting. "S-Sorry! It wasn't on purpose, I swear!!!" I freaked out as She hesitated, her face painted in a purplish-pink blush,  eyelids slowly closing. "Its.......fine....Edd...." She fell asleep on my chest as I layed down the couch. My hand was now running through her somewhat short, tangled brown hair, smiling sweetly. This was the second time that this had happened...the last time this happened was when I was just a friend to Taryn. 

"I'll.....always love you....no matter what happens...." I placed a kiss on  her forehead as I dosed off with her. 

Bonus!

______________________________

"Shush Faith, this is the BEST part!!" Tord had shushed Faith as his favorite scene came on.

"Aaaaahh!!!" She screamed at the killing scene and hugged Tord in reaction to her becoming scared. 

"Faith...sis....it's alright...." Tord hugged her back to calm her down.