She Looks So Perfect

The song that I put to the side is called She Looks So Perfect by 5sos.

Chapter 8

"Do you want to go to college?"

I looked up at Connor and frowned.

"Not at all," I shook my head and continued eating the egg on my fork.

We were currently eating breakfast at Denny's. After my little fangirling after my new apartment, I fell asleep and Connor stuffed me in my car to get me food.

I wasn't complaining though, I really love food.

Connor put down his bacon strip and turned to look at me. It was pretty difficult for him since we had been seated at the bar.

"What do you mean, not at all? Don't you want to get a degree?" He asked me with a raised brow. His arms were crossed over his Nirvana T-shirt. It wasn't really something I had expected from the son of the president.

I bet you're wondering what happened after I called him out huh?

Well, right after the little suspenseful cliffhanger, Connor gave me his boyish smirk and shrugged. Yes, he just shrugged. It wasn't really what I expected. I was waiting for him to get all nervous and sweaty. But then I thought, what's the big deal? So his dad is the big shit of America. Who cares?

Oh yeah, I care. I care so freaking much, because I think that the First Lady made a fine piece of eye candy.

"I already completed community college," I told him. It wasn't entirely a lie, even if I had to sleep with the surprisingly young principal to get a degree or two.

Connor just nodded and we resumed eating our breakfast. His eyes roamed to the very back of his head, when he shoved the rest of the bacon into his mouth. I looked down at my finished plate and called the waitress that took our order.

The same waitress that made Connor blush when she called him 'hun', and she was at least sixty years old.

"Check please," I said kindly to the woman, she smiled a friendly smile and waddled away.

I looked over at Connor who now had crossed his arms and pushed his empty plate in front of him.

"I've always wanted to say that," I told him.

Connor laughed and shook his head, while he politely took the check from the waitress.

I wasn't going to offer to pay, because well yeah.

"You ready to go to work now?" Connor teased. I smiled a fake smile and stood up from the bar.

I watched him pull out two twenty's and throw it down on the bar. Next to our empty plates.

I looked at him.

He showed an innocent smile and blushed. "I'm a big tipper."

I nodded and dragged him out of the restaurant and literally ran down the street.

"Hey! Slow down Rosy!" Conner protested. I stopped when he called me Rosy.

"I just want to make a good impression."

"By coming in all sweaty and gross, and throwing up your breakfast? That'll be one hell of an impression Rosy," Connor scoffed.

"Fine," I huffed.

We continued our walk through town, it felt good to walk off all of those damn eggs.

"So, how's life?" I asked, just trying to spark up another conversation. Connor was being strangely quiet.