Rude

The song that will be put to the side when this story is done, is called Rude by Magic! I will try my best to make it fit in with the story.

I'm sorry for the slow updates, I've been caught up with school work. But now I'm free.

Chapter 9

"You could've told me you worked there."

Connor chucked and shook his head, his hair still stayed intact. I got to admit, his hair was pretty perfect.

"Why are you so worked up about this?" He questioned.

I huffed, yes, huffed. A completely unattractive sound came from my mouth that made me sound like a walrus or something. I have no idea how that happened. Hopefully Connor didn't hear it.

"What the hell was that?" He asked. Damn him.

I shook my head, "I'm worked up about it because Jade and Maggie were practically drooling over you."

I kicked a stone with my boot and continued walking. I didn't know where the hell I was going so I just followed Connor. It was a hard day at work for me, surrounded by girly women for six hours can really jack you up.

"Ooh, Rosy are you jealous?" He asked. I couldn't tell if he was serious or not, but when I looked up to glare at him I saw a smile. Why was he always smiling? If only I could be that happy on a daily basis.

I flicked his tie, I seriously don't know why he wears the damn thing every day. But then again it gave him a couple more points on a scale of 1 to 10. Right now he was a strong 28.

"No! I'm not jealous. Why would I be jealous? Does it look like I'm jealous? 'Cuz I'm not," I crossed my arms and walked faster towards a nearby crosswalk.

Yeah, me and jealousy didn't get along so well. After everything that has happened, people with nice, perfect television lives are my idols. But I still hate them with a burning passion.

I heard Connor's footsteps grow louder behind me. Right when I turned around, I bumped right into something hard and solid.

Connor's chest.

I have to admit it was a pretty good chest.

In an instant, I tried to walk way, but his arms grabbed me from behind and pulled me to him. My heart started beating at an incredibly fast pace, and my face grew red.

Okay Rosy, you've been pretty violent in the past, but you need this guy, so don't punch him.

"It's okay to be jealous," Connor whispered in my ear. His lips pressed against the flesh of my ear, and his breath was warm and it tickled my neck. I part of me just wanted to let go and sink into his arms. But I couldn't do that. Weak people let go. I'm not weak. I hope.

I was instantly reminded of how Chad would whisper sweet nothings in my ear, and kiss down my neck...

I shivered and shoved his body away from mine. I wasn't putty in his hands if that's what he was thinking.

"Don't touch me like that," My tone was cold, it even made me shiver.

Connor backed away with his hands up in surrender. His eyes were the definition of sadness and regret, but he was strangely calm. God, I can't believe we were doing this in public. Taking a few glances around the city, well street more so, no sets of eyes were on us. Nobody ready to call 911 after I gave them the signal. Nobody.

What happened with the scrawny, weak, boy that I used to know?

"Sorry. Just, just don't go Rosy. Come on, I was just teasing," He coaxed. Yeah, Chad liked to tease.