Her Love is My Religion

Her Love Is My Religion - The Cab

Chapter 14

"So what now?"

Connors quiet voice intruded my thoughts, but I didn't mind as I turned my head in his direction. His black, messy, bed hair was adorable, so that gave him a pass.

He was lying on his back, eyes up at the ceiling, with his arms folded carefully across his naked chest.

"What do you mean?" I questioned, poking his cheek. He didn't move when I did so, I figured something was up with him. Something that he most likely wasn't going to share with me.

"I mean, what are we doing?" He spoke, and sat up, turning his body so it faced mine. I felt a little nervous at the sudden change of mood.

"I'm lost," I stated bluntly.

He shook his head, "Don't play dumb. Come on Rosy, what the hell are we actually doing? Hooking up? I mean, we're young. You have your own apartment, a job, graduated college even. I'm the son of the busiest man I know of, and I'm still in college. We've known each other for over a month now, and we love each other. What the fuck are we doing?" Connor was mad now, I don't know why though.

I resisted the urge to hold him, and squeeze out all of his anger.

I opened my mouth to speak, but he held up a hand and stood up. My bed felt empty then.

"Do you really love me?" Connor asked me. His eyes were frantic, and he was breathing heavily.

"Connor are you-"

"Tell me!" I didn't flinch when he screamed at me, I flinched when his face morphed into Chad's.

"Yes, I love you," I told him, honesty falling off of every word.

"Why? You don't know me, you haven't met my family, it's because I spoil you isn't it?" Connor was far from angry now, he was furious. He knew something, or at least thinks it. But what is it exactly?

I scoffed and stood up to face him, yanking him back into the room by his arm when he tried to leave. He told me to let go but I didn't.

"I love you because you know the real me, not the fake, disguised one. I know you more than you think I do, and I don't have to be introduced to a fucking parent to get permission to love someone. And no, it's not because you spoil me. I don't want to be spoiled, by anyone! Do you really think that's why I stick around?" I yelled, I was hurt, but then again for some reason, so was he. The last thing I want is another failed relationship.

"Well, yeah. Why else would you stay?" Connor said with a cold voice.

Why are we doing this right now?

I grabbed my hair and tugged at the roots and let out a scream with my mouth closed. I felt a hand on my shoulder, but I roughly slapped it away.

"I stick around because I love you, you fucking dumbass! I love how you're so innocent, I love how you call me Rosy, I love how your voice is low after I kiss you, I love how I feel after you kiss me. I don't stick around for your god damned money. That's what you were thinking this whole time? That I stayed with you for money?" I screamed.

We are fighting, for no reason. Not too long ago his arms were wrapped around my sleeping body.

Connors body was frozen while I listed off my reasons for loving him. I saw him fight off a smile and rub his hands over his face.

"Do you mean that?" His voice was no longer cold, it was much softer this time, and not a single trace of anger was evident on his face. None of this was making any sense to me.