Wires

A/N

Wires by The Neighborhood.

Play the song after you read the chapter or during the end because the mood will just confuse things.

At first I was like "oh god the lyrics fit perfectly!" But then I actually read the lyrics. Oh well. You'll get the gist.

Couldn't out up the actual video because some people weren't able to view it, unless it wasn't copyrighted and shit so lyke whatever. We've been provided with Vevo and YouTube for problems like these.

First update of 2015 Hopefully this year is a good year.

Longest chapter in the entire book. Get ready. Ily.

Chapter 24

Today was New Years Eve, a big day for most drunks and partygoers. I convinced Connor to attend a dinner with his father in his house. He was wary at first, doing whatever he could to get out of the situation and pulling every string.

Of course, me being me, wouldn't allow him to not go. So I dropped him off right in front of his dad's government owned place and promised to pick him up at ten.

While Connor was having the time of his life, I planted myself in the boutique.

"Let me see! Let me see!" Maggie squealed as she jumped around like a rabbit on drugs. She was the first one to greet me when I stepped inside.

I looked around the store to find Jade and Mar eating sandwiches at the counter.

Maggie was still jumping when I looked back at her, so I stuck out my hand in front of her. She nearly went ballistic when the ring sparkled in the light. I noticed Mar drop her sandwich and scurry over to where we were, Jade in tow.

"Is that what I think it is?" Mar asked with wide eyes. The blue eyeshadow on her eyelids were no longer visible.

"Now that's a diamond. Shit, does that kid swim in Benjamin's?" Jade whistled and fingered the ring on my hand with interest.

"He might as well," Maggie scoffed and walked over to the door and held it open for a customer with a tight expression.

Maggie rolled her eyes at the burly woman wearing clothes pulled right out of the sixties.

"It's not even your workday Rose, what's up?" Jade asked after Mar strolled over to the register to finish her meal before the woman was done shopping, as did Maggie.

"I coaxed Connor into having dinner with his good ol' pops today, promised I'd pick him up at ten, maybe later to tick him off. I just didn't want to spend another day cooped up alone in my apartment," I confessed, pulling my arms out of my jacket and walking over to the back room.

"Ah, gonna ring in the new year with extra pay huh? I see," Jade laughed and followed me into the room, plopping down on a bean bag chair and reaching for a bag of chips.

I sat down on the chair in front of her, this one green and more fluffy. My body sunk into the material and I struggled to pull myself up.

Grabbing a magazine from a dust coated rack behind me and aimlessly skimmed through the pages. My eyes landed on a article about the pros and cons of getting hitched, I closed the bundle of carefully stapled papers and tossed it behind me. It flew with a flutter of its pages.

Jade shoved a handful of barbecue chips into her mouth, crumbs stuck to the corners of her lips and she wiped them away with the sleeve of her blue flannel.

"So, you ready to tie the knot with a kid whose daddy is hated by ninety percent of the country?" Jade questioned, her voice dripping with distaste towards the President.