Xiomara Aroni

Xiomara Aroni

*
*
*

"Hey, your Xiomara, right?" Lydia asked the freshman girl. Scott, Liam and Stiles stayed behind her.

"Yes, I am." Xiomara said, closing her book and looking at all of them. The four looked at each other then back at the girl.

"You want to know if the rumors of me being a witch is true, don't you?" Xiomara asked. This would be the fifth time someone asked her about it. Though it was true that she was a witch, she believed it was none of their business. She would just mess with them and play it off as a joke to make them leave.

"Yes?" Stiles said, questionably.

"Of course. How do you think I come to school? I obviously ride a broom here." Xiomara said sarcastically.

"We're not here to ask you, we're here to warn you." Scott said, sitting in front of her. She could smell his wolf scent from here.

"I'm listening, wolfie." She smirked.

"How did you-" Scott started, nervously looking at his friends.

"I'm from a place in Greece where everyone is something supernatural, I've learned to differentiate between them by their scent- you have a sort of slight dog smell. Anyway, continue with your warning." Xiomara said.

"There's a dead pool of supernatural creatures, and you're crossed out on the list." Lydia said and placed the list in front of her. She read down the list and saw her mother's name crossed out.

"That's not me, it's my mother." She mumbled, she looked up at them and handed the list back to them.

"We're trying to stop this, we need your help." Scott said.

"Alright, but you should know I don't get my hands dirty. I can cast spells, make charms, potions, anything but I don't fight. My coven's belief is that we should be peaceful and passive." Xiomara said, showing them her necklace that had her coven sign on it.

"So you're a witch?" Stiles asked, wanting reassurance.

"I prefer sorceress, but yes I am." Xiomara said.

*

"How do you use your magic? Do you use it to cheat on tests?" Liam asked, walking to class together.

"No, my coven's against that, too."

"Then what does your coven let you do?" Liam asked.

"Anything that makes the world peaceful." She said.

"So you're basically magical hippies." Liam asked. She laughed and shook her head at his conclusion.

"I guess you can say that, although we're not completely against vexing people who completely deserve it." She smiled.

"I don't get why people are so weirded out by you, you're pretty chill."

"People tend to think that the unordinary is weird. I understand them, a girl who only knew Greek and reads about witchcraft is odd, I would be scared of myself too, in fact I was." She said and went inside the classroom. She sat in her seat all the way in the back and opened her notebook.

"Why were you talking to the weird girl?" Mason asked as his best friend sat down. Liam looked at him and shrugged before paying attention to Mr. Yukimura.

*

"Gather around, I'll tell you about my coven and then I'll show you what I can do." She said. They all sat on the floor, where she set up wand and book. They had agreed to meet at the empty art room.

"My coven was founded by my mother, Xiomariah-don't worry it's easy to confuse our names-and other sorceresses to ensure the safety of the supernatural. We believe that being peaceful and one with nature is the way to do it. We call ourselves the healing coven, we find our element and learn to use it- mine is fire," Xiomara started and pulled her oil bottle out. She opened it and wet her fingers while reciting the spell in her mind and making her healing fire.

"We study herbalism to make potions and learn how to mix our elements with the herbs. This oil is helps me make my healing fire, it contains allantoin, that comes from Comfrey roots, aloe, and many other healing herbs," She said, taking Stile's hand that had a scrape and putting the fire on it. She left it on for a few seconds until the fire started glowing green instead of blue. She put the fire out back and closed the container and saw Stiles looking at where his scrape used to be. She looked at the others and realized how boring it must've been.

"I'm probably boring you-" Xiomara said, shaking her head in embarrassment.

"No, not at all, continue." Malia said, smiling at her.

"Okay. Um, we also use crystals, a lot. We use healing crystals, mostly, like amethyst and rose quartz- my favorite," She said, showing them the crystals.

"So yeah, um, that's what I'm all about. I wanted to clarify what I do before I started helping you." Xiomara said, putting her things back in her bag.

"I'm not just a healer, though. I can do spells to defend myself and others and all those types of things." Xiomara added. The others looked at each other and Scott smiled at her.

"You're definitely helping us." Scott smiled making Xiomara smile back.