"Why are we here?" Xiomara asked Liam, who had brought her to an abandoned building.

"I want you to show me your new abilities." Liam said. She had been cheering him up by telling him stories about the realm and telling him stories about witches. Like how time in the realm goes faster, two days are actually two weeks, and how witches can only mate with supernatural creatures and how only one witch has broken that rule, her grandmother who married a human.

"Okay, so they taught me how to use my fire to fight and I swear I felt like one of the fire benders from Avatar. Okay," She said, preparing herself.

"Xiomara." Liam said, grabbing her hand. She looked at him then turned to see what he was looking at. They saw two glowing eyes and heard a growl. It broke the cage it was behind and roared.

"Run." She whispered and they both began running. They reached a cavern and looked at each other.

"We can jump." Liam said.

"I can't, you can." She said. He took her hand and shook his head.

"Just trust me." Liam said. She closed her eyes and they both ran and jumped. They reached the other side and Xiomara opened her eyes.

"We did it." Xiomara smiled. They heard another roar and started to run again.

*

"So, you're- you're alive," Mason started. Xiomara shook her head and went to them with a pile of books.

"What he meant to say is that you're doing well, right?" Xiomara rephrased, placing the books neatly on the shelf.

"Yeah." Corey smiled at the both of them. Xiomara went back to Liam to get more books and listened in to what Mason was saying.

"That must've been difficult to explain to your parent, right?" Mason questioned.

"Not really, it's not like they paid much attention to me before, and now they see it as a chance to sue the hospital."

"But they must be happy that you're alive, though," Mason trailed off.

"Are you?" Corey asked.

"Uh, yeah. Alive is better than dead." Mason said, awkwardly. Corey chuckled and looked down at the books then back at him.

"You have no idea what to say to me, do you?" Corey asked.

"No." Mason admitted.

"Can I ask you a question though?" Corey asked.

"Yeah, sure." Mason shrugged.

"What are you doing Saturday night?" Corey asked. Xiomara dropped the books she had in her hand and looked at Liam.

"I ship it." She whispered, smiling. Liam shook his head and continued paying attention to the two boys.

*

"Corey's not texting me back." Mason said, staring at his phone while pacing.

"He left with Theo." Liam said, looking at the hallway floor.

"Are you sure?" Mason asked, standing next to Xiomara and Liam.

"He was here." Xiomara nodded, taking her hand off the locker. She had gotten strong enough to use a presence ability that would help her sense who was here in the last few hours. The more recent the person was at the place, the clearer the vision was.

"We should do something, right? We should tell someone." Mason said, to Liam. The two had been trying to convince Liam to talk to Scott but Liam continued to refuse.

"You have to tell Scott, he could help." Xiomara said, putting her hand on his shoulder.

"Do I have to?" Liam asked, looking at Xiomara.

"You're his beta." Mason said, crossing his arms.

"Where would I start? 'Sorry for trying to kill you'?" Liam asked, not knowing how to reconcile with his alpha.

"Scott understands that you were doing it for Hayden." Xiomara said.

"And if you start with sorry, the rest probably won't matter." Mason added.

*

"Scott, we need to talk!" Liam said, banging on the animal shelter door. A car pulled up and a girl climbed out.

"Who are you?" Liam asked.

"I'm Magdalena Reyes." She smiled, walking towards him.

"Did Theo send you?" Liam asked, stepping back.

"No, I sent myself." Magdalena shrugged.

"Why?" Liam asked, suspiciously. He didn't really trust the girl, especially since Xiomara told him why she didn't trust Magdalena either.

"Theo told me that you almost killed your alpha for my cousin, though I find that commendable, I also find it stupid." Magdalena said, crossing her arms.

"Hayden was your cousin?" Liam asked, his eyes softening.

"Yes." She lied, but her heartbeat stayed steady. Liam stayed quiet, not knowing what to say.

"I also came to give you a message to tell Xiomara. Tell her that things have changed, I'm back and I want to reconcile, but I don't want to be friends, I want- well, she knows what I want." Magdalena smirked.

"Did you get that?" Magdalena questioned. Liam nodded and watched as the odd girl climbed back into her car and drove away.