"Have you read this?" Lydia asked, placing the book in front of Xiomara.

"Yeah, it's terrifying but intriguing." Xiomara smiled, remembering how much fun she had making Mariah read it and scaring her after.

"It actually seems similar to what's happening now, Tracy was a teenager who was buried, who knows by what? Maybe a dread doctor." Xiomara said, handing the book to Lydia.

"Kira is printing out copies for the rest of us to read, but I guess you won't need one." Malia said. Xiomara nodded and the two girls left.

"Wait, the book is dedicated to someone- if that helps." Xiomara told the two girl. They both nodded and left quickly before the bell rang.

"Xiomara." Liam called. Xiomara looked down and opened her notebook. He sighed in frustration and took her arm, pulling her out of the classroom.

"What do you want, Liam?!" Xiomara asked, yanking her arm away.

"Why are you still ignoring me? Why are you mad at me?" Liam asked.

"I'm not mad at you, I-I just need space. I need to prove to the coven that I won't break the rules again so I can get my powers back. I don't need you right now." She said, bluntly. Liam looked down and Xiomara realized what she said.

"Liam, I didn't mean that, I do need you but not as much." She said, grabbing his arm.

"It's okay, I understand." Liam said, squeezing her hand. They went back into the classroom as the bell rang.

*
*
*

"Xiomara! Your friends are here to see you." Demetria said. Xiomara made her way downstairs and was surprised when she saw most of the pack.

"Come in." Xiomara said, quietly. She led them to her room, since Demetria and Celeste were having a couples dinner downstairs.

"How are you feeling." Malia asked.

"I'm just tired." Xiomara sighed, sadly.

"You're sad too." Scott said, sitting next to her.

"I guess." Xiomara shrugged. She looked around and saw Theo.

"What are you doing here?" Xiomara questioned.

"A friend of Scott's is a friend of mine." He smiled. She nodded and fiddled with her fingers.

"We also came to read The Dread Doctors." Lydia said.

"Okay, why did you come here to read it?"

"You could help us." Stiles said.

*

"Keep an eye out for anyone suspicious and get us if you're 100 percent sure, okay?" Stiles told Xiomara. She nodded and he ruffled her hair before letting her go to class. Her first class ended quickly and she walked down the hallways trying to get to her next class.

"Take care of yourself." She heard faintly and looked around. She then started hearing this forced breathing and mechanical whirring. A dread doctor popped up in front of her, making her fall. The dread doctor put a stone in front of her and pressed it on her forehead.

"No, no." She whimpered, trying to push away the hand. It made her feel weaker than before.

"Please stop." She whispered.

"Stop struggling, kóri (daughter in Greek)." Her mother said. Xiomara saw her first training, when her mother was teaching her how to defend herself with her magic.

"Mom." She called out, still struggling.

"Xiomara, Xiomara!" Liam called, shaking her slightly. She stared at the stairs, still dazed.

"Why are you doing this?" She whispered, a tear coming out of her eye. The dread doctor disappeared and she didn't feel a pressure anymore.

"Xiomara." Liam said, as she gasped for air.

"Liam?" Xiomara whispered and clutched his arm.

"What happened? Are you okay?" Liam asked.

"I don't know." She said, weakly.

"Well, I think it happened to Scott too." Liam said.

*

"It felt real, Demetria." Xiomara said, still a little spooked by what happened at school.

"I thought I was going to die." Xiomara said.

"You want me to see if it was real, don't you?" Demetria asked. Xiomara nodded and sat on the chair.

"And I want my powers back, I feel useless without them." Xiomara said, watching Demetria take off her rings.

"You do seem stronger these days, if I feel that you truly are, you will definitely get them back." Demetria smiled. Xiomara nodded and closed her eyes. She felt Demetria's cold fingers on her forehead and waited patiently.

"Dear gods." Demetria mumbled, terrified of what Xiomara saw.

"It wasn't real for you but it did happen to someone once." Demetria said, taking her fingers off Xiomara's forehead.

"I should tell Scott, then." Xiomara mumbled. Demetria took off Xiomara's bracelets that kept her from using her magic.

"Thank you, Demetria." Xiomara smiled, feeling more energetic.