"We're not stupid, we're desperate." Scott said as the two sophomores followed him.

"How desperate?" Liam asked. Scott opened the door revealing Theo and Tracy.

"Stupidly desperate." Xiomara whispered and they went inside.

"I told you we'd end up on the same side." Theo said.

"How about I kick you in the balls to remind you we're not?" Liam threatened, making Theo scoff.

"I love this kid." Theo smiled.

"I don't." Tracy commented.

"Well your opinion doesn't really matter, Tracy." Xiomara said, crossing her arms.

"You know you're not on our side, Theo. You said you wanted to help Lydia, but you left Eichen with something else, didn't you?" Scott said.

"You mean the mask? Are you worried about that?"

"Did you put it on?" Scott asked. The two chimeras exchanged looks before looking back at Scott.

"Who did you see?" Scott asked.

"Not Mason." Theo said.

"What does that mean? It's not him?" Liam asked.

"Probably means he's a lost cause." Tracy said, leaning on the locker.

"Just like you." Xiomara murmured, knowing Tracy could hear her.

"Look, we all want the same thing; we want Mason back." Theo said, smirking.

"The difference is that we want him back alive." Scott said, getting closer to Theo.

"I'm willing to compromise. You still have the maps with the turmeric currents in them?" Theo asked, doing the same.

"Bring it to the operating theater in two hours." Theo said. The three exited the locker room.

"How desperate are we?" Liam questioned again. Scott took a deep breath and looked at him.

"Incredibly." He breathed out.

*

"Are you okay?" Xiomara asked Corey, sitting next to him on the school steps.

"No." Corey mumbled.

"At least your honest." Xiomara said, putting her hand on his shoulder.

"I feel like it's my fault he got taken." Corey sighed, sadly.

"It's not your fault, there wasn't much you could do." Xiomara comforted.

"Exactly, I feel like I'm useless." He said.

"You're not, you did all you could and that's the best thing you could do." She said.

"He's going to die, isn't he?" Corey asked.

"No, no. Scott and the pack are going to find him and save him." She said, trying to give him hope.

"Aren't you part of the pack?" Corey asked.

"I guess, but I'm just a healer." She shrugged.

*

"No phones at the table, Xiomara." Demetria said. Xiomara put her phone down and mumbled a sorry.

"You're still waiting for Scott or Liam to call?" Mariah asked. Xiomara nodded and swallowed her food.

"I wanted to go but they insisted on me staying- they kept saying that a healer never goes on the battlefield." Xiomara said.