Chapter 4

~Amy's POV~

Mandi signs something funny about Harry and Louis and I grin, giggling a little. Niall, who's in the room with us, raises an eyebrow, smiling. 'You two are lucky Liam and I are the only ones who know sign language, or Harry and Louis would be furious.' He signs, winking. It's been almost a week, and I can't wait to get out of this hospital.

'Niall, when do I get to leave?' I ask, pouting. I haven't been able to talk to Liam in the past few days, the doctor made him stay in bed. Apparently his concussion was more serious than they thought.

'You get to leave tomorrow, and Liam's leaving the next day. You're both staying at my house for a while, the doctor and Simon both want someone watching you two until you're fully recovered.' Niall signs, smiling. 'It'll be like a sleepover!' I can't help but laugh, and Niall's grin widens.

'Why are you smiling?' I sign, confused. Niall and Mandi both grin, and Mandi replies instead.

'I think Niall agrees that you have an amazing laugh.' She signs. I shake my head, groaning. Mandi is always telling me that she loves my laugh, but I don't believe her. Then again, I don't really know what a laugh sounds like, much less an amazing one. The curtain ruffles, and Harry steps through, followed by Louis. Harry says something to Niall, who nods before turning back to Mandi and I.

'Sorry, we have an interview. The four of us are going to explain why Liam's in the hospital and who the girl in Zayn's tweet was.' Niall signs, smiling apologetically. I nod, giving him a thumbs up, and he stands, waving. Mandi and I return the wave, and Harry, Louis, and Niall walk out of the room. I catch a quick glimpse of Zayn as he joins them, coming from who knows where, and then they're off. I lie back in my bed, closing my eyes. I've been really tired lately, probably because of the concussion. Mandi knows not to disturb me, so soon I've fallen asleep.

~Niall's POV~

I sit on the couch squished between Harry and Zayn, and Louis is sitting on the back. They gave us a love seat for 4 boys? Seriously?! The cameras start rolling and the interviewer smiles. "Hello! Today I'm here with One Direction!" She says excitedly. All four of us wave, smiling when the crowd screams. When the noise dies down, the woman starts with the questions. "So, first things first, where's Liam?" She asks as if she, and everyone else in the world, doesn't already know. Everyone looks at me, because I'm apparently the backup when there's no Liam to look at. I smile, looking at the camera.

"Actually, Liam's in the hospital right now." I say simply, not wanting to elaborate. But of course, everyone wants more details.

"How'd he end up there?" The interviewer asks, wanting more information. This time I glare at Harry, hoping he'll take one for the team so I don't have to answer everything. Harry glares back at me then grins, getting the message.

"He hit his head, really hard, and gave himself a bad concussion. As of a couple days ago, he could barely stand, but he's doing a lot better." Harry explains, frowning. The interviewer nods, deciding not to dwell on the subject.

"The next one's for Zayn." I think we all know what's coming now. "You tweeted that Liam was in the hospital, but also that there was a girl in his room that he liked. Care to explain?" The lady asks.

"Well," Zayn begins, "when we got there to see Liam, he was asleep, so we decided to see who was sharing a room with him. There was a little girl, who we now know is 10, sitting in the bed, so we decided to talk to her, because she was wearing one of our shirts. Well she wasn't responding, just kinda looking at us, so we gave up and went back to Liam's side. When he woke up, we told him about the girl, and he asked to see her. We went back over there, and the girl had a friend, and the two were signing to each other. Turns out, she was deaf." Zayn says, pausing for the audience to think about that. Then, with a grin, Louis starts the story back up.

"Liam knows sign language, so he started talking to the girls. At some point, Zayn tweeted about them, because Liam and the girl both looked really happy, and that's that. Niall's the only one here who knows what they were saying, because he's the only one besides Liam who knows sign language." Louis finishes, putting the spotlight on me. Darn you...

"Really, Niall? Do you know what they were talking about?" The woman asks. I nod, shooting Zayn a glare before speaking up.

"They were mainly talking about how they got in the hospital, about each other, and about the girl's friend. We learned that the deaf girl was named Amanda, but she goes by Amy, and her friend was Amanda as well, but she goes by Mandi. Also, Amy apparently had a concussion as well as Liam, so they talked about that until the nurse kicked everyone out and made Liam go back to his bed." Everyone laughs, and the interviewer smiles.

"That's all the time we have today! This has been One Direction!!" She yells, and the cameras stop. "Thanks for coming guys!" She says as we all stand. "And I hope Liam gets well soon!" She tells us. I nod, smiling, and we all leave the studio. Back to the hospital we go.

~Liam's POV~

The curtain parts, and Amy comes through, being pushed in a wheelchair by Niall. I smile, waving, and pausing the television. I was watching the interview, and it just ended. "Good job with the interview, Niall. Where are the other lads?" I ask.

"Getting changed. Harry's going to come by later, Louis is going to spend some time with Eleanor then bring her over as well, and Zayn is going on a date with Perrie before she has to go on tour." Niall explains, smiling.

"That's great, I haven't seen Eleanor in a while." I comment, frowning. "And I guess we'll have to introduce her to Amy." Niall frowns.

"I guess I didn't think about that. Oh well, you know El. She'll love Amy!" He says enthusiastically. Amy looks at both of us, and I realize that she has no clue what's going on. I start to sign, but Niall stops me.

"Liam, just rest. I can explain everything." He says, signing to Amy. It's not like sign language tires me out that much! But it's nice that he's looking out for me like that. The boys are my family.

~•~•~•~•~

"Liam, did you see the interview?" Harry asks, poking his head through the curtain.  I nod, grinning, and Niall looks up from talking to Amy.

"There you are, mate!" Niall says, pretending to be angry. "You said you would be here like an hour ago! What took you so long?" Harry puts his hands up in mock defeat.

"I got distracted. Amy's all over the news, and even though we didn't say anything about it, they found out, Liam." He says, frowning. I look at Niall, who looks shocked, then Amy, who looks as confused as I do.

"Found out what?" I ask, worried. Harry forces a smile, then looks at Amy.

"You might want to sign what I say so Amy knows." He says, waiting for Niall to nod before he continues. "They know that Amy's an orphan."