Chapter 14

~Niall's POV~

I look up when the door opens, then down again when Greg walks in. It's been three days, three days stuck wherever the heck I am. I can walk around in this little room I've been kept in, but my hands are tied behind my back and I've still got ductape over my mouth. What is it with kidnappers and ductape, anyway?! Currently I'm sitting on the floor, staring at a wall. Well, now I'm looking at the floor to avoid looking at Greg.

"Hello, Niall. I just sent Liam an email with my number and he called, wanting to talk to you. I'm feeling generous today, so he can talk, but you just get to listen. Enjoy!" Greg puts his phone next to me and walks out of the room.

"Niall? Are you okay? Did he hurt you?!" Liam's frantic voice comes through the phone.

"Leihafm!" I yell, happy to hear my friend.

"Oh right, you're gagged. Anyways, I really hope he didn't hurt you. If I found out he touched you at all I will kill him." Liam says, the hardness of his tone surprising me. "Greg sent an email with his number, he wanted me to call. I feel like this is all planned, and I'm worried about you." Liam says, and the door opens again.

"As you should be, Payne. I'm terribly sorry that Niall got pulled into this." Greg says in a tone of voice that suggests that he isn't sorry at all. He walks over and picks up the phone, keeping it on speaker.

"What do you want, Greg?" Liam asks, worry creeping into his voice. Greg smiles, looking at me.

"I want you, Liam. I want you to come to where I am without telling a single person by tomorrow. I have sources who tell me that Niall and I are close to you and the rest of the lads. Come to my place, alone, by tomorrow, or Niall faces the consequences." Greg threatens, and I hear Liam's breathing quicken.

"If you touch Niall I swear that I'll-"

"No you won't, Liam." Greg says, cutting Liam off. "You wont do anything if you treasure Niall's life. I assume you know what the tracker in his arm does?" I wince, thinking about the pain. Greg has shocked me a couple of times since I was kidnapped, just to show me he could. I hear Liam take a deep breath, then sigh.

"I'll come, on the condition that you let Niall go." Liam gives in, and my eyes widen. Greg smiles.

"Of course, Liam. I promise that Niall will be released." Greg turns away from me when he says this, and I see that his fingers are crossed.

"Nhooo! Ldiearm!! Dhohnst!!!" I scream, and Greg glares at me, kicking me in the side. I wince, and he pushes a button on the phone in his hand, shocking me again. I can't help it: I scream in pain.

"Niall!" Liam cries, and I hear a banging noise. "Don't you dare hurt Niall." He says harshly, and Greg looks at me, shaking his head.

"Don't forget that I can kill Niall with the push of a button. You are in no position to order me around." He says, smiling. I scoot into the corner, scared of what this insane man might do to Liam if he comes.

"What's the address?" Liam asks quietly, and I put my head down.

"Ask your friend Louis where the warehouse is. Did you know we're all in Doncaster? Funny, isn't it, that they hid you all in one of your hometowns." Greg says, and my eyes widen. We're in Doncaster?

"Lhisaym! Iyths a thrnadp!" I yell suddenly. Greg stops talking and shoots me a look saying 'shut up now or I will kill you'. I decide to ignore him, hoping that he'll keep me alive because he needs me to get to Liam. "Deognht dwo iht!" I scream again. Another wave of electricity travels through me, and I smile a little as I scream again: I was right. Greg won't kill me because I'm too useful.

"You know what, Liam, we can organize this another time. Forget the warehouse, forget everything else I said. For now, I have to deal with your friend. Good day." Greg says, clenching his teeth.

"Niall! I'll find you! We'll fi-" Liam is cut off by Greg ending the call. He turns to me, pulling out a knife, and I push myself as far into the corner as I can, trying to be as small as possible. Obviously it doesn't work, because Greg grabs me by the hair and pulls me up, putting the knife against my cheek.

"Let's have some fun." He says, pulling out a cloth and slipping it over my eyes. I start squirming but stop immediately and scream when the blade cuts through my cheek.

~Liam's POV~

I look at Harry, who was sitting next to me the whole time, in shock, then put my head in my hands. "Niall risked getting hurt to warn me." I mutter, pushing the phone to Harry, who picks it up and dials Greg's number again. It rings a couple times then surprises us both by picking up.

"Let's have some fun." Greg says. There's a bit of scuffling, then Harry drops the phone at Niall's ear-piercing scream.

Paul, Louis, and Zayn run in, followed by a confused Amy. Harry quickly signs what's going on to Amy, and everyone else looks at me expectantly. I open my mouth, but I'm cut off by another scream from Niall. I put my finger to my lips before anyone can say anything, and Harry mutes our side of the call.

"I called Greg, he said to meet him somewhere. He said that if I came he'd let Niall go, but Niall kept screaming that he was lying and it was a trap. At least, I think he was, he was gagged so it was hard to tell. All I know is that Greg got pissed and called off the meeting, saying he had to deal with Niall, then he ended the call. Harry called back, and for some reason he picked up, right before he started hurting Niall." Niall screams again, as if proving my point.

"And if you're wondering why I picked up again, Liam, it was so you could hear your friend in pain. I hear something that sounds like tape being ripped off, and Niall screams, his scream more clear.

"He must have pulled off a ductape gag." Harry comments quietly, and we all look at the phone screen. All of a sudden I get a FaceTime notification, which I accept after everyone else has moved out of the way so Greg won't see them. Greg's face pops up and I gasp, because Niall is on the ground behind him, his hands tied up and blindfolded. He's got a red line across his mouth from cheek to cheek, proving that he had ductape there before.

"Harry, I know you're there, I heard you." Greg says, and Harry comes next to me, gasping when he sees Niall, who is whimpering. "I decided I want you to see him in pain, not just hear it." Greg says, smiling in an extremely demented way. I realize that with Niall's injured arm being pulled back like that, it must have been really painful before Greg even started hurting him. Greg turns the camera to Niall, walking closer, and I see cuts all over his face and arms, and one large one across his chest.

"Liam, I'm fine, please don't do anything stupid!" Niall exclaims, going limp. His chest is bleeding heavily, he must have fainted from blood loss. Oh my god. I turn to Harry, fear crashing over me.

"He could die if he keeps bleeding like that! Oh my god he could die!" I yell, running a hand through my hair.

"That's the plan, Payne. Adios." Greg ends the call again, and I look at the shocked faces of my friends.

"Niall is going to die, and it's all my fault." I say, promptly bursting into tears.