Chapter 8

~Liam's POV~

My phone buzzes in my pocket, and I pull it out, seeing a call from Harry. I hesitate, looking at Amy, who smiles, before answering and putting the phone up to my ear. Immediately my head is filled with screams. A couple frantic ones, yelling for someone to call an ambulance, and one loud, ongoing scream that I quickly recognize as Niall. "Harry? What's going on?" I ask, worried.

"Liam, please please please come back. We tried to fight for you, and something went wrong. Greg, he's crazy. We said we wouldn't sing if you didn't, and Greg said that One Direction was over. Niall recorded everything on his phone and threatened to post it online if Greg didn't get you back, and Greg told him to post it, then said something about how he knew the plan wouldn't work. Niall posted the recording, and Greg stood up and walked past him, toward the door. I saw a glint of something, but before I could say anything, Niall's phone was smashed on the ground and Niall was hugging his arm. Greg said something about a job he had to do, then ran. Liam, Niall got stabbed!" Harry says frantically. He was talking so fast that all I heard was Greg, plan, job, Niall, and stabbed. I try to make sense of what he said, and one thought hits me.

"NIALL GOT WHAT?!" I scream, causing a lot of surprised glares and worried looks from the people around me.

"He got stabbed. Greg had a knife." Harry says quietly, and I realize something. In the background, there is lots of yelling still, but one sound died out. Niall has stopped screaming.

~Harry's POV~

"Harry, Niall isn't screaming anymore." Liam says, and my eyes widen. I look at Paul to see Niall limp in his arms, his eyes closed. His chest is still moving, and Paul sees my worried glance and shakes his head.

"He's fine, just fainted, probably from the shock." He says. I nod, relaying the information to Liam, who sighs.

"Harry, ask Paul what hospital you're going to. I'll meet you there." Liam says.

"Flight 184 now boarding." I hear a robotic voice say in the background.

"That would have been my flight, Harry. But I need to be there for Niall." Liam says sadly, and I hear scuffling, then silence as Liam probably signs to Amy. "Stay on the phone with me, please." He says.

"Of course." I reply, the sound of sirens filling my ears, along with the faint sound of screaming fans on his.

"NOT NOW!!!" Liam yells, and I hear all of the screaming abruptly stop. "I need a taxi right now!" He yells less angrily. "Harry, what hospital?!" He asks, practically yelling into the phone.

"Harry! Same hospital he was in last week!" Paul yells, probably guessing what Liam was asking.

"Same one you were in." I say, and Liam groans.

"Of course. Harry, I'll be there soon. Tell Eleanor and Perrie to wait in the lobby for me, I don't want Amy to go up and see Niall until I know how bad it is." He says, and I smile. Daddy Direction is back.

~Niall's POV~

I open my eyes to see that I'm in a hospital room. I see Paul and Simon talking, and four nervous boys looking at the two. Wait, four?! "Liam!" I yell, and everyone turns to me. He walks over and I lift my uninjured arm, hugging him tightly. I look at my other arm to see that it's in a sling, which is resting against my chest. "You came back?" I ask, looking back at Liam in time to see him nod.

"I had to make sure that you were okay." He says, his mind obviously on something else.

"Liam, what is it?" I ask, confused. Liam smiles, but I can tell that it's forced.