Chapter 36

~Liam's POV~

I stand up and walk toward the bathroom, sighing when Louis stands to follow me. They've been doing this all the time since we went to the therapist. Every time I go anywhere, one of them follows me. It's like I've gained four stalkers. I haven't seen Amy in the past week, I think she might be staying at Mandi's. Probably management's fault. I bet they decided that 'in my condition' I wasn't 'fit to take care of her'. Or it could be Maddi, it's not hard to figure out that she's responsible for my constant shadow and the disappearance of everything from razors to scissors in the house. When I get to the bathroom I lock the door, turning and sitting on the toilet. I don't feel depressed, just annoyed at the lads for never giving me space. I don't want to hurt myself, I want to hurt management for putting me into this situation. I don't want to die, I want this entire thing with Greg to end. Even though that would most likely end with me dying.

"Liam, are you alright?" Louis asks through the door. "You've been in there for like half-an-hour." Wow, I must get really absorbed into my thoughts sometimes.

"Just... thinking." I say, staring at the wall. I know I am depressed, even though I don't feel like it, because occasionally I'll slip into a mood where I do just feel like everything is my fault. When this happens one of the lads will notice and pretty much immediately turn into an overprotective mother who follows me around every single place I go, saying pretty much the same thing every five minutes.

"It wasn't your fault."

"It's not your fault."

"Nothing was your fault."

And you get the point. I appreciate that they're trying to help, but honestly in those times it just makes me feel worse. I've never gotten to the 'hurt myself' phase, or the 'kill myself' one, but I am just generally depressed. And I think everyone can tell. I'm not sure if the fans know, but it's only a matter of time before one of the lads says something stupid and tells the world. When that happens, who knows what will happen to me.

~•~•~•~•~

I wave to the lads as they get into a car, all telling me that they'll be back soon and yada yada yada. It's been about a month since the therapist now, and I've been getting better. I haven't really had any depressed thoughts in weeks, and now the lads are going to an interview and trusting me enough to leave me alone, for the first time it what seems like forever. Amy is back home, right now she's sleeping, and everything is dying down. I haven't seen anything else that might involve Greg, we have a tour in two weeks, and then we go to the studio to record the fourth album. I guess our life is finally getting back to normal. It's been eight months since I first found Amy, and now I'm somewhat confused on how I feel about my birthday. It's sad, because I lost my parents, yet happy, because I found my sister. Either way, everything that happens to me, good or bad, seems to start on my birthday.

I turn and walk inside, heading to the living room, where I switch on the telly and go through the stations until I find a harmless cartoon to watch.

 As I watch, my thoughts start to drift away from the screen and to everything that's happened in my life since I found my sister.

"Amanda Holstop. Deaf. Ten years old. Parents died in a car accident when she was one that also cost her her hearing. I found you."

"I can't let her go back to that orphanage, not now. I have to save her. If they say no, I'll find a way to make it work. They can kick me out of the band, and I'd leave if it meant keeping her safe."

"I'll regret it for the rest of my life. But I would've regretted losing you forever."

"Greg killed my parents."

"I'm the only reason he's a threat to any of you. If I'm not around you, none of you will be in danger."

"You're risking your life for us, Niall, but mainly for me. Greg is after me and you're doing what you can to stop him. You're saving my life, whether you believe it or not, and I can't thank you enough for it. Just stay safe, okay? I would say I'll see you soon, but I feel like both of us know that it isn't that easy."

"I just feel really bad. It's my fault Niall's in danger, that he's been hurt at all. He got stabbed, electrocuted, and kidnapped because of me! Trying to protect me! He doesn't deserve this!"

"Niall is going to die, and it's all my fault."

"I said if anyone hurt you I'd kill them. At the time it was a silly joke, because I didn't think anyone would hurt you. It was a joke, but now it's more. Now it's a promise."

"It was just a dream, nothing to be afraid of."

"Harry, get to the house now. Greg has Zayn."

"I said I... would be dead... if it wasn't for One... Direction, and that's true... in more ways than... one. I know Greg... would have tried to kill... me, but I probably... would have beaten... him to it."

I hear soft footsteps so I turn to see Amy coming up behind me, rubbing her eyes sleepily. "Amy, why are... you up?" I ask slowly, and Amy smiles a little.

'I had a nightmare. You left because I couldn't hear and I was back in the orphanage and everyone was being mean and Greg adopted me again.' She signs, and I sigh. Amy has been having nightmares for months, but this is the first one with me in it. Even though my sister is nearly eleven I still pick her up and put her in my lap, hugging her into my chest.

"I'd never leave... you, Amy. Especially... not because you're... deaf." I say, signing at the same time since she can't see my face. "I love you, Amy." Amy smiles and looks up at me, watching my lips move as I repeat my words.

"I love you too, Liam." She says softly, I hug my little sister once again. Amy continues to smile into my chest, then she repeats her words. "I love you forever, Liam."