Chapter 5

~Amy's POV~

'They know that Amy's an orphan.' Niall signs. Liam looks at me and start signing that he's sorry over and over again. I shake my head, smiling sadly.

'Liam, it's okay, really. Tell Harry that, too. I promise, it's perfectly fine, I mean, I'm still me, right? Its not like it makes me any different. I assume they already know I'm deaf?' I ask, watching as he and Niall both nod. Harry just looks confused, so Niall starts talking, most likely explaining it to him. 'Liam, I'll be fine, I promise.' I sign. Before Liam can respond, Louis pokes his head through the curtain, smiling. He says something, then pushes the curtain aside grandly and a girl about his age walks in, laughing. When I see her, I swear my jaw drops. This girl is gorgeous!

'Amy, this is Eleanor, Louis's girlfriend.' Liam signs, smiling. Eleanor hugs him tightly, then turns and pulls me into a hug. She says something, and Liam laughs. 'She said that she prefers hugs to other greetings.' He signs. Eleanor starts talking quickly, spewing out words so fast her mouth barely closes. Louis, Niall, Harry, and Liam laugh and laugh, and I just sit there, confused as heck. 'It's a long story.' Liam signs simply, taking a break from his laughter. I pout, feeling left out, and Niall hugs me tightly. I look at him, and he grins, waving to a nurse that is leaving the room. With Eleanor talking so much, I didn't even know she was here!

'Amy, that nurse just told me that you and Liam are getting released early! Both of you are getting released today! But you still have to stay in wheelchairs for a while, Liam longer than you. All of the papers are ready, we just have to sign out downstairs.' Niall signs, talking to Liam at the same time. Liam cheers and I grin, and Harry, Louis, and Eleanor hug Liam and I. The nurse returns with another wheelchair, and Harry and Louis help Liam get into it. Niall takes the handles of my wheelchair and Harry takes Liam's, and we leave the room. We all get in the elevator, and I smile, looking at everyone around me. My brother, sitting next to me with a smile on his face. Louis, talking excitedly to Eleanor, who may be responding, but I can't see her face. Niall and Harry, talking to Liam. The first thing that worries me is when Liam frowns. The second is when the elevator doors open and I'm immediately blinded by a flash of light.

~Liam's POV~

Amy gasps when the doors open and there are cameras everywhere. I wince, feeling a sharp pain in my head with every bright flash, and Niall pulls out two pairs of sunglasses, handing one to me and one to Amy, who puts them on without hesitation. Our group moves over to the desk, where I sign a few things for me and a few for Amy. The receptionist smiles, telling us that we can leave, and I turn to Niall. "How are we supposed to get out of here? There are paps everywhere." I say, looking around. There aren't any inside, but as far as I can tell they're surrounding the building, everyone trying to catch a glimpse of me and the 'mystery girl', aka Amy. Niall simply smiles.

"Paul's coming after he drops off Zayn and Perrie, he should be here soon." Harry says, and Niall signs his words to Amy. Just then, the doors open and Paul comes in, followed by multiple other security guards.

"I'm glad you're feeling better, Liam!" He says, patting me on the shoulder before turning and addressing Harry and Niall. "The guards are holding everyone back, you should be able to get them through without much trouble." Niall and Harry nod, pushing us toward the doors. Paul opens the doors and Louis and Eleanor step out, smiling and waving. Then Niall pushes me out, and I wince when the loud shouts of the paparazzi fill the air, making my head pound.

"LIAM! ARE YOU OKAY?!"

"LIAM, WHO IS THIS GIRL?!"

"NIALL, IS LIAM OKAY?! WHY IS HE IN A WHEELCHAIR?!"

"HARRY, IS SHE YOUR SISTER?!"

Not quite, but close. I look back at Amy, and she's looking around at everyone, smiling and waving. I guess being deaf has its advantages, because she isn't affected by the noise at all. When we get to the van, Paul and another guard lift up my chair, setting me inside. Niall follows, pushing me away from the door so they can get Amy in. After Harry is safely inside, the door closes, immediately blocking off all the sounds. I sign in relief, relaxing back in the wheelchair. "That was painful." I say, rubbing my temple. Amy smiles, looking at me.

'Liam, when are you going to tell the paparazzi that we're related?' She signs, and I shrug.

'Depends on what management says. But for the next week, no one will know. After that, it's up to them.' I explain, watching as she nods.

'Why do you have to talk to your management?' Amy asks, confusion covering her face. I smile.

'Because I want to adopt you, and they don't want me to.' I sign, watching as her face lights up.

'You would do that for me?' She asks in disbelief. I nod, and she smiles with a grin that looks just like my own.

'Of course. You're my sister, Amy. I had to live in an orphanage for years, and I don't want you to have to go through that. I just wish I could have found you sooner.' I sign. Paul puts a hand on my shoulder, and I realize that we're at the flats. Niall and Harry push us inside and up the elevator, and before I know it, I'm sitting in Niall's flat while he gets something to eat from his kitchen. Amy turns on the television and immediately switches to the Disney Channel, and I laugh. She messes around with the remote for a minute, and soon subtitles pop up, and she smiles happily. Niall walks in, sees the subtitles, and stops in his tracks.

"This telly has those?" He asks, looking at me. I shrug, pointing to Amy.

"She turned them on, not me." I say, grinning.

"You've got a smart sister, Liam." Niall says, taking a seat on the chair next to me. "Speaking of that, what are you going to do if management says that you can't adopt her?" He asks. I frown, realizing that I never really thought about that. What if they say no?

"I can't let her go back to that orphanage, not now. I have to save her. If they say no, I'll find a way to make it work. They can kick me out of the band, and I'd leave if it meant keeping her safe." I say, coming to the realization that I'd do anything for my sister. Niall's eyes widen, and he looks at Amy, then at the picture of the five of us that he has on the table next to the chair he's currently sitting in.

"Really? You'd do that for her? Give up everything?" He asks, and I nod. He smiles, putting a hand on my shoulder. "It won't come to that. If they say no, the other lads and I will fight with you. We'll make sure you don't leave, because One Direction isn't the same without you. I swear that you and Amy will be able to be together, no matter what happens." I smile, and Niall pulls me into a big hug. When we pull apart, we both look at Amy, who has no clue that our conversation even happened. I watch the characters on the screen argue, and I laugh, since I have no clue what she's watching. I turn back to Niall to see that he's completely sucked into what's happening on the TV. I start feeling tired, so I grab the wheels of the wheelchair and push myself to Niall's bedroom, pulling myself on the bed and smiling. I hope he doesn't mind that I took his bed.