Chapter 31

~Liam's POV~

"Just so you know, Liam is being released from the hospital today. You all have an interview in three days, but the four of you minus Liam have one tomorrow. The interview is going to be mainly about Liam and Greg, so be prepared for that." Simon says. He told me all this yesterday, which is why I'm already dressed and no longer in a hospital gown, and I bet the boys will forget about this in about three hours anyway, they always do.

"So by today do you mean right now or later?" Louis asks, looking out the window. "Because there are paparazzi everywhere." Simon sighs, looking at me.

"How do... they even find... us?" I ask, returning Simon's look.

"Liam, everyone knows you're in this hospital, there's been paparazzi out there since you got here. There's even more because they saw the other boys going in and knew it was about you so they called all their friends or something." Simon says. Louis closes the curtains and claps his hands loudly, grinning.

"Anyone want to play 'How the heck are we going to get out of here?' Because I've got nothing." He says, for some reason happy about the fact that there are paps everywhere.

"Louis, there's a... back exit. We can... just use that." I say, looking around the room.

"I'm going to go downstairs and sign Liam out so the paparazzi don't see any of you. Don't do anything stupid." Simon says, walking out of the room. Louis goes back to the window, looking down on all of the paps. I stand and walk over to Louis, looking out the window as well. I see a single flash of light directed my way and immediately step back, out of the view of the window, and just in time. Louis stumbles back, temporarily blinded by the sudden flashes of light. Harry walks over to the window and shuts the curtain, smiling.

"And now Simon's going to kill us because that pap's shot is going to be all over the internet in about three minutes." He says, looking directly at me. "Why would you look out the window in the first place?" Harry asks, and I shrug.

"I was... curious. I haven't seen... outside in a... week." I complain, crossing my arms. The door opens again and Simon walks in, his own arms crossed.

"I leave you alone for two minutes and there's already a picture of Liam and Louis looking out the window all over the internet." He says, showing us the picture on his phone.

"How? That was taken like 30 seconds ago! Geez, those guys work fast." Louis says in shock, and I nod in agreement. News travels very quickly, obviously.

"On the... bright side, they... know I'm not... dead now." I say, smiling. Simon nods, putting a hand on my shoulder.

"I suppose that is convenient. Now come on, Paul's waiting for us at the back entrance." He says, guiding me to the door. I can still walk, you know...

~•~•~•~•~

I sit on the couch, waiting for the random commercial to end so I can see the interview. Amy is sitting next to me, reading the subtitles for the random soap commercial and laughing at the weird face the person in the commercial is pulling. We have the subtitles on permanently now, mainly because none of us can be bothered to turn them on and off constantly, plus there's no point.

"And we're back!" The interviewer, another person I've never heard of, some guy named Zack or something. "Our next guests have been the center of worldwide drama involving kidnapping, threats, and possibly even death? Here's Harry Styles, Louis Tomlinson, Zayn Malik, and Niall Horan from One Direction!" Zack says a little too happily, and my four friends walk on stage. It's a live interview, so what I'm watching is happening right now. "It's great to have you lads." Zack says, shaking Niall's hand and letting him sit down.

"It's great to be here." Harry replies, smiling. Zack leans forward in his seat, looking at my friends curiously.

"So there's been a lot of drama with you guys lately, mainly revolving around Liam, who is absent today. Where is Liam right now?" He asks, focusing his gaze on Zayn, who smiles.

"For the past week Liam has been in the hospital, that's a very long story by the way, but yesterday he was released and he's currently at home, resting and probably watching the interview right now." Zayn says, looking at the camera and probably trying to look straight at me. Zack nods, turning his attention to Niall.

"So you've been a pretty big part of the drama since the beginning, but word is the rest of you were involved in the recent stuff that landed Liam in the hospital. All the talk is about how Niall lost his memory, this Greg guy is after Liam, and he's messing with all of you to get to Liam. Is that right?" Zack asks, still looking at Niall, who nods.

"As of a little over a week ago, I've gotten all of my memory back, so that's no longer a problem." Niall stops to let everyone clap, then continues. "The past week and a half has been complicated, to say the least. Greg seemed to think that the best way to get to Liam was to kidnap all of his close friends, and he managed to nab Zayn, Harry, and Louis within a three-day period." Niall says, looking at his three friends.

"Are you three alright, then?" Zack asks, and I come to the realization that no one knows what happened during those days.

"Yeah, the three of us are fine. It was just a couple days of waiting and hoping Liam wouldn't do anything stupid, which he did end up doing anyways. Basically, Greg's deal was 'I'll let your three friends go free if you let me kill you in front of them,' which we had figured was his plan from the day he took Niall months ago. Honestly, Greg was really predictable. But anyways, Liam came, Greg released us, Liam had a team of security come in after him and storm the place, Greg shot Liam in the head, didn't kill him, Liam was somehow unable to feel pain for a while and sat up, even though he was bleeding from the head, pulled out a gun that we still have no clue why he had, and shot Greg. Then he proceeded to actually die. I'm not joking, he just kinda fell over. Both of them did, actually." Louis says, shocking the entire audience. He starts to talk again but Harry puts a hand over his mouth, cutting the older lad off.

"Okay then... So are you saying that Liam killed this Greg bloke?" Zack asks, and all four of them nod.

"And to answer Louis' question, I knew why Liam had the gun because I was there when he planned it with Paul. He was never planning on using it, it was just a last resort 'I'm-only-shooting-him-if-I'll-die-if-I-don't' kinda thing, and none of us actually expected it to come to that kind of situation. I think everyone was in shock that Liam had just been shot in the head, but since the shot didn't kill him Greg aimed again, this time for Liam's chest. Liam knew he was going to die if he didn't do anything, so he pulled out the gun and shot Greg in the head, killed him instantly." Niall explains, and Zack nods along. He's about to say something but Harry cuts him off, his hand still covering Louis' mouth.

"The other thing Louis rambled about was the fact that Liam died after he shot Greg. Technically speaking, Liam was legitimately dead for around five minutes before the doctors got his heart started again. So that explains that." Harry says, finally moving his hand away from Louis and putting it in his lap (Harry's lap, not Louis'). Zack nods, still a little shocked from the amount of information that was just dumped on him.

"So Greg's dead, Liam's okay but he got shot in the head, Niall remembers everything, and you three are fine, too?" Zack asks, summing everything up. All four lads nod, and Zack smiles. "How is Liam, by the way? He got shot in the head, there has to be something." He says, trying to pry more information out of my friends.

"That's classified for the time being. You'll find out when Liam makes an appearance." Louis says, smiling. Zack nods, turning to the small crowd and the camera in front of it.

"That's all the time we have, sorry! This is 4/5ths of One Direction! After the break, we interview-" I turn off the telly, not really caring who's on next. Now I just have to worry about the interview in two days time that I have to be a part of. I know I'm going to be asked a lot of questions, and the bandage the doctor insisted I keep on my head for the next three days isn't helping, because that means I'll have it for the interview.And there's the whole 'All-of-my-answers-will-take-five-years' thing, because of this stupid speech thingy I have now that bugs me endlessly. I'm not sure how I'll make it through an interview when I'm pausing every three words because my mind and mouth don't want to work together. And there's the tour that's been pushed back like five months now and countless more interviews, but I'll cross those bridges when I come to them. At least, I hope I will.