Chapter 11

~Liam's POV~

We all run to the closet and Harry, who got there first, opens the door, running inside. Zayn, Amy, Louis, and Niall follow, and I look back at Paul one last time before walking in and shutting the door behind me, making sure to lock it. Everyone crowds around the monitor and we watch as Paul answers the door. But Greg isn't standing there, some woman is. Paul smiles and starts talking to her, and I look around, finding a button to turn on the audio.

"What are you doing here?" Paul asks the woman. She smiles, pushing past him and walking into the room. She looks around, at one point staring straight at the camera.

"I had to come make sure the boys were alright, Higgins. The secret's out. Greg took a picture of Niall holding his arm and the knife, and we're not sure why, but he also posted it on Twitter. It took their fans about three minutes to connect the dots and realize that the boys aren't actually on vacation, and some of the most popular theories include them being kidnapped, hiding, and dead. Well actually, the most common is that Niall died and the other four are taking some time off to mourn or something. All I know is, the world is going crazy, and they need to know that the boys are okay." The woman says. I exchange looks with all of the other lads, wondering what they're thinking. Niall by far looks the most worried, but everyone is worried at least a little bit. The woman walks up to Paul and hands him a bag, turning and walking to the door.

"Thanks, Sera, but we can't let them use this." Paul says, setting the bag on the kitchen table. "Knowing these fans, one will find a way to trace the signal." The woman, Sera, throws her head back and laughs.

"That laptop is from the American CIA, Higgins. No one is going to hack it." She turns and walks out the front door without so much as a wave, closing it behind her. Paul sighs, opening the bag and pulling out a laptop. He disappears from the kitchen camera and appears on the game room one a while later, plugging the laptop into the wall and setting it on the table that used to hold our DS's. He looks straight at the camera that we're looking at, forcing a smile.

"Come on out, guys. I guess you're doing a twitcam." Paul says, looking right into our eyes. I mute the screen then stand, unlocking the door. I grab Amy's hand, and we walk out of the shelter and into our bedroom. Niall pushes me over and runs out the door, toward the game room. Harry and Louis chase him, and Zayn stops, letting Amy and I go before following us. When we arrive in the game room, Niall is typing with one hand, probably tweeting about the twitcam, and Harry and Louis are arguing with Paul over who knows what.

"Done! We're live in 30 seconds!" Niall exclaims, ending the argument.

"Liam, we're going to introduce Amy as your sister in this." Paul says. Is that what they were arguing about?

"Got it." I respond, sighing what's happening to Amy, who smiles and sits in my lap. We- minus Paul- all manage to fit in front of the camera, and when the twitcam starts, there are immediately thousands off people watching.

"Hello!" Niall exclaims, waving his good hand. The chat instantly fills with 'Niall's okay!' 'He's alive!' and 'Thank god! Niall's fine!' I can't help but smile, looking at all of the relief of the fans. It's cray to think how much they care about us.

"So we're doing this twitcam to explain a few things. One, why Amy is here. Two, what exactly happened to Niall, although I'm sure some of you have figured that out. And three, where we are and why, which again you might have figured out." Harry says, smiling. All four boys look at me, and Amy continues to read the chat, smiling when she sees things asking about her.

"I guess it makes sense for me to go first, but all three things actually go together. As you know, Amy is an orphan. Well, was. I've adopted her." I start, waiting to let the comments blow up a bit before continuing. "I adopted her for a couple of reasons. One, I have experience with orphanages, they are generally not fun. Two, I honestly just felt really bad for her. And three, we have a very similar past. I've never told you guys about my parents, but there's one other person you know nothing about, and that's my little sister."

The chat explodes, and I smile when I see how many people have already figured it out and how many are still clueless. "I was at camp when my parents died and went straight into an orphanage, so I lost track of my little sister, who was only a baby at the time. As soon as I got out I started trying to find her, with the help of the lads, who knew about her. And I found her, on my birthday, also known as the 9th anniversary of my parents' death. I was crying mourning them, when I got lightheaded and fell, hitting my head and giving myself a concussion. In the hospital, I found a little deaf girl named Amanda. My sister." I grin, looking at the chat. Everyone is congratulating Amy and I, and some people are asking what happened to my parents.

"Liam knew immediately that he wanted to adopt Amy." Niall says, starting to answer the next question. "Simon agreed with him, but we still had to talk to management. I recorded what happened, so I assume you know that that didn't go well." I should listen to the recording, hear what happened after I left. "The video cuts off when Greg said that we were over. After that, I showed him the video.He told me to post it, and that 'he knew the plan wouldn't work.' Then he stood up and walked to the door, which was behind me. Right after I posted the tweet, Greg passed me and sliced my arm with a knife. Let's just say I'm going to need a new phone, mine shattered." Niall jokes, looking at his arm. "He showed us the knife, which had a bit of blood on it, then ran. I'm not entirely sure what happened after that, all I know is Harry called Liam, who was at the airport at the time, and Paul was carrying me to an ambulance when I finally blacked out." Niall finishes, looking past the computer to Paul, who is watching us carefully.

"When Niall woke up in the hospital, we were all waiting. Paul told us that Greg had sent him a message, and that because of him our lives were in danger, so we had to go into 'hiding'." Louis says, frowning. "We don't know how long we'll be here, until Greg is caught most likely. Hopefully he won't find us, because he doesn't know where we are. Heck, we don't even know where we are! Anyways, we're all safe, and we want all of you to be careful." All of us wave, and Zayn moves to end the twitcam.

"Bye!" He exclaims, ending the stream. "Well that was fun." Zayn says sarcastically, leaning back in his chair.

'I liked all of the people on there, they're all nice. Why can't everyone be that nice?' Amy signs, looking at me. I sigh, looking at Niall's arm.

'I wish I knew.' I sign back, smiling sadly. 'Come on, it's getting late. Let's get you to bed.' Amy nods, standing. We both wave to the others, and I explain where we're going. I take Amy back to our room and she jumps in her bed, pulling on the covers and closing her eyes without changing into pajamas. She must be really tired. Then again, I am, too. We've had a really busy day. I turn off the light and get into my own bed, closing my eyes. Amy starts snoring, and I smile, drifting off to sleep.