Chapter 29

~Liam's POV~

I read through the email again, looking at Paul. We just got back from the hospital, his arm is now in a sling to rest his shoulder, which is also bandaged. The interesting thing is that Paul feels guilty. He got shot in the shoulder and he feels guilty for letting them kidnap Louis. Anyways, back to the email. The gist is, Greg wants me to meet him at <insert random address here> at three tomorrow morning, the house will be easy to spot because it will have a lit lamp hanging next to the door, just like in my dream. And the three in the morning thing explains why it was dark in my dream. Currently, Paul and I are planning how we're going to do this.

"Like I said, I should go in first, then you guys storm in a couple minutes later." I say, trying to convince Paul that my idea will work.

"What if he hurts you before we get there?" Paul asks, still being stubborn.

"Paul, it's okay if I'm hurt, as long as none of us die. And I'll have a gun on me, remember?" The gun was the original idea I told Harry and Louis, the one they both agreed might actually work. If all else fails, I pull the gun at the last moment and shoot Greg myself. But it's a last resort, because I really don't want to kill anyone, even if it is the guy who killed my parents. I just don't want to be that kind of person.

"Fine." Paul sighs, clearly not agreeing. "I'll tell the other guards, you get some rest." He stands and leaves the room, leaving my to my thoughts. We have everything planned out, but one thought keeps coming to mind. If it does come to using the gun, will I be able to?

~•~•~•~•~

I knock on the door, drawing in a quiet breath as I wait for an answer. When there is none, I knock again, looking around nervously as I wait. It is dark, no lights other than the moon and the lamp hanging beside the door I stand in front of, just like Greg said, and just like I dreamed. The door opens and a hand grips my arm, pulling me inside. I hear the door shut behind me, then another hand grips my other arm and the two men force me down a hallway. I hear whimpers of pain and freeze, again like my dream, letting the men pull me as I've lost the ability to move. A door opens at the end of the corridor, and I'm forced into the room, where I find myself face-to-face with Greg, who is smiling. He has Harry, Louis, and Zayn tied up behind him, and I can't help but breathe a small sigh of relief when I see that none of them are hurt.

"How kind of you to join us, Payne." Greg says, and my friends scream at me, just like they did in my dream. Even though they are gagged, I can still understand them well enough to know that they think I made a mistake. They think I shouldn't have come, I should have saved myself, and I know they think that, but they don't know my plan. I shake my head to them, focusing my attention on the man that brought them here in the first place. He walks over to me, smiling in a way that makes my blood run cold, but I try to stand tall. "Tie him up." Greg commands, and his two henchmen force my hands together behind my back, tying my wrists with rope them grabbing my arms tightly once again. "You will do what I say, understand?" He says, looking me in the eye. I don't move a muscle, instead returning his glare and smirking when he gets angry. He swiftly reaches out, punching me in the stomach before withdrawing his hand. I collapse inward from the pain, unable to fall because of the grips on my arms. "You want your friends to go free, correct?" Greg asks, and I finally nod. He smiles, stepping back and picking up Harry by a bound arm, holding him in the air. "Three lives for one. Three freedoms for one death. Sounds reasonable." Greg decides, dropping Harry to the floor. I wince when he whimpers in pain. "Untie them and hold onto them, they can watch." Greg orders, and the two henchmen release me into his arms.

"Liam, don't!" Harry screams as soon as the gag is pulled from his mouth. He tries to get to me but the man holds him back, pushing him to the side. "Paul will come soon, just hang on!" He yells right before he's shoved backward into the wall, groaning in pain. Louis and Zayn yell similar things, but soon they have both been forced next to the other, and all three of them are standing against the wall, facing me. Harry was right. Paul will be here. But he will be here too late.

"Let's finish this now, Payne." Greg says, kicking me hard in the backs of my knees and making me fall so that I'm on my knees in front of my friends. Crap, now that I think about it there's no way for me to grab the gun. I don't want to die, and there's nothing I can do. I feel the cool metal of a gun against the back of my head, and Greg laughs when the door flies open and Paul runs in, followed by about ten other guards. "You're too late! You're too late!" Greg screams, pulling the trigger. I hear a gunshot, then there's a sharp pain in the back of my head and I fall forward, hitting the ground, hard. Unlike my dream, though, I'm still awake. Someone releases my friends and Harry runs over to me, untying my hands and helping me sit up. There's blood running down the side of my head, but I ignore it, because Greg is still standing in front of me, towering over me. Paul and the other guards aren't paying attention, and Greg smiles, pointing his gun at my chest. "You survived the first shot, but you won't survive this one." He says, and I smile.

"Think again." I say, pulling the gun out of my back pocket, pointing it at Greg's head, and pulling the trigger. Another gunshot sounds, and I watch the bullet fly into Greg's forehead as he stares at me. The impact knocks him backwards and he's dead before he hits the ground.

Harry, Louis, and Zayn look at me in shock, and Niall appears in the room soon after, running over to me. I knew he would insist on coming with Paul, so I'm not surprised. Instead I'm staring at the gun that's still in my hand, in shock. Niall touches my shoulder and everything crashes down on me at once. I just killed someone. I know he deserved it, and I know he would have died today anyway, but I didn't know I would pull the trigger to end his life. I killed a man. I'm a murderer. I'm not sure if it's that thought that makes me dizzy or the fact that Greg shot me in the head and I'm somehow still sitting here, but something makes me sway until I crash to the ground, and the world disappears, taking the pain with it.

~Harry's POV~

Liam crashes to the ground, his head bleeding as he stares at the wall. Oh my god. Preston picks him up since Paul can't and runs out the door, straight to an ambulance that's apparently been waiting outside. The doctors inside start trying to revive Liam, and I turn away to be suddenly embraced by Niall. "I-Is he... dead?" Niall asks, his voice shaky.

"I think so, Nialler. They're trying to bring him back. I can't believe he held out long enough to kill Greg, honestly. It's like it didn't even effect him until he shot Greg. All I know is Greg is never coming back." I say, swaying back and forth with Niall crying hysterically into my shirt. We're joined by two more people, and all four of us hug each other, no one looking at the ambulance behind me. I hear sirens speeding away and know that whatever condition Liam is in, he's no longer here. They sped him off, does that mean he's alive? Someone puts a hand on my shoulder and I pull away from my three friends, looking at Paul.

"He's alive, for now." He says, and I smile a little. "The damage is serious, they're going to put him straight into surgery to see if they can save him. I hate having to say this, but there's a very high chance that he isn't going to make it." I nod, my attention focused on the little girl standing behind Paul. I walk over and pick Amy up, hugging her tightly. She's crying as well, I guess someone told her what's going on.

"Is Liam gonna be okay?" Amy asks, the longest sentence she's ever said. I pull away a bit so she can read my lips and smile.

"Liam isn't finished yet. He may have avenged his parents, but he's not done here. I can't promise anything, but just know that Liam won't go down without a fight." I say, and Amy smiles.

"Liam is a fighter." She says, hugging me again. Niall joins the hug, then Louis, then Zayn, then Paul wraps his good arm around all of us, and we all hug, thinking about what Liam did, and I think at least half of us are praying right now. I know I am. Because no matter how much of a fighter Liam is, he's going to need all the help he can get.

Now the next part, how do we explain this to the fans? This is going to be interesting.