Chapter 28

~Louis' POV~

I know that someone is trying to kidnap me, but are the four guards following me around really necessary? I mean, right now I'm in the kitchen eating a sandwich, and there's a guard in front of the window, one next to the door, and two sitting across the table from me. At least Paul is one of them, so it's not all complete strangers following me to the toilet. I finish my food and stand, walking over to the sink and putting my plate in. I feel four pairs of eyes watching me as I open the fridge and pull out the apple juice we always seem to have, pouring myself a glass.

The guard standing at the doorway moves over and Liam walks in, grabbing a glass and pouring some juice for himself. I lean against the counter top, just looking at Liam. He looks like a mess, his hair is all messy and he has bags under his eyes. I know he's stressing out about Zayn and Harry, and probably me, too.

"Liam, did you sleep at all last night?" I ask, watching as he yawns and shakes his head.

"I can't say I did. I'm just worried about everything, you know? I'm scared that Greg will hurt Zayn and Harry, that he'll kidnap you, that the plan won't work and all of us will die because of it. I just don't know what to do!" He says, yawning again when he's done.

"Simple." Niall says from behind me, and I jump in surprise. "You stop worrying and let the guards do their jobs." I turn around and put a hand on Niall's shoulder, shaking my head.

"Don't scare me like that, Nialler." I say, pretending to be angry. Niall just shakes my hand of and grins brightly.

"I'm not sure if this is the best time, but I remembered everything. Right up to when Greg knocked me out in his car. After that, I woke up in the cell thingy." He says, and Liam smiles.

"That's great, Niall!  One problem dealt with. Now then, what's the least likely way that Greg would try to kidnap Louis?" Liam asks, looking at me.

"Why are you looking for the least likely way?" I ask, raising my eyebrows.

"Because that's how Greg would do it." Liam explains, and I nod.

"That makes sense." I agree, then Niall speaks up.

"So we need to expect what we'd least expect so when it happens we'll be expecting it?" He asks, looking at Liam.

"Mate, that made absolutely no sense." I say, staring at the blond.

"Louis, he said we need to expect what Greg thinks we wouldn't expect, so if Greg does that, we'll be ready." Liam explains calmly, and I throw up my hands.

"Well why didn't you just say that to begin with?" I complain, irritated. Liam and Niall laugh, then we move on to start talking about something else that I don't really pay attention to. After a few minutes of random conversation, I hear a loud crash coming from the living room that cuts off Niall.

"What was that?" I ask, looking at the guards to see that two of them left the room to see what was going on.

"Get Louis out of here!" One of the guards shouts, then I hear another crash. Paul and the remaining guard stand in front of Niall, Liam, and I, and I sigh.

"This is not gonna work." I say simply, getting a nod from Niall and an annoyed look from Liam. Paul shoves us toward the back door and we all run out, getting into the cars that Paul directs us too. He has us in different cars, probably gonna take us different places. My car is the last to leave, and as we speed around town I gasp as sudden realization hits me, drawing the attention of Paul, who is sitting next to me.

"What is it, Louis?" Paul asks, looking over at me.

"He got Harry by ramming into the car he was in." I say, and Paul shouts for the driver to pull over. He grabs me and pulls me out of the car, and I see another car speeding towards us. The other car stops and someone gets out, pulling out a gun and pointing it at me. I freeze immediately, and Paul moves to step in front of me, stopping when he hears the gun click.

"I suggest you let us take the boy, unless you want both of you to die." The man says, his gun aimed at my head. "I promise that he'll be safer if he goes with us, because either way he's coming. Your choice if he's mortally wounded." The man takes a step forward and Paul pulls out his own gun- wait, he has a gun?!- in one swift motion, pointing it at the man's head. Paul turns and looks at me for a split second, and I turn, running away. I hear a gunshot and turn to see Paul on the ground, holding his shoulder, and the man chasing after me. At least he didn't kill Paul, right? Paul glares at me and I turn again, running as fast as I can. At some point I make a wrong turn, because I soon find myself cornered at the end of an alley. The man walks toward me and I walk back until my back presses against a wall. I gulp, and he lifts his gun, pointing it at my head while standing only a few feet away from me.

"What do you want with me?" I ask, and the man laughs.

"I'm just getting paid. I don't care what happens to you, but Greg said relatively uninjured, so I can't kill ya. Now put your hands above your head." He demands. I shakily raise my arms, not really in the mood to get shot, and the man pockets the gun, walking toward me and putting his hands on my wrists so I'm stuck against the wall. He pushes my wrists together then holds them to the wall with one hand, pulling a cloth out of his bag with the other and pressing it to my face. I try to hold my breath, knowing that there's probably something that's going to knock me out of the cloth, and the man knees me in the stomach, making me gasp in pain. I take a breath, immediately feeling dizzy, and the man smiles. "Sweet dreams, Tomlinson." He says, and the world fades to black.

~•~•~•~•~

When I finally come to, I'm face-to-face with a curly-haired lad who's looking at me worriedly. When he sees my eyes open, he sits back, smiling. It's not hard to figure out that my wrists and ankles are tied together, or that I'm gagged, especially since Harry and Zayn are the same way. I sigh into the cloth, looking at the two. Neither of them looks hurt, just worried. I am too, but not about me. I think all of us are worried about Liam.

"Hello, Liam. So I hear your plan to protect Tomlinson didn't work out very well, now did it?" Greg says, walking into the room we're in. I have to say, this is the most boring room on Earth.

"Greg, your men shot one of our guards!" Liam yells angrily. Harry and Zayn both look at me, and I nod, confirming what Liam said.

"He shot Higgins in the shoulder, the man will live. And if Tomlinson hadn't tried to run it wouldn't have happened." Greg replies, smirking.

"If you hadn't tried to kidnap Louis in the first place none of this would have happened, either!" Liam says, his voice raising.

"I would ask if you'd like to speak to your friends, but I'm afraid that today that isn't an option. Tonight I will email you the terms for a little agreement. How does one life for three sound?" Greg questions, turning to look at Harry, Zayn, and I. You know, Greg is pretty predictable, considering we knew exactly what his plan was before he told it to us. Although Liam's philosophical dream helped a bit. I really hope it doesn't really happen that way, though.

Liam sighs, and I can tell he's frustrated. "I'll tell you if we have a deal after I see what you want. Goodbye." The phone beeps, and Greg smiles.

"He's coming, and all three of you know it. Ready to watch your friend die? Because you three will be my witnesses." He says, walking out of the room. I look at Harry and Zayn, and both of them look sad. No matter how much Liam plans, there's still a very high chance that he's going to die tomorrow, and there's nothing we can do to change it.