Chapter 13

~Niall's POV~

I open my eyes to find myself in my bed upstairs. Preston is sitting next to me, looking out the window. "Preston, how'd it go?" I ask. He looks at me, and his grim expression answers my question and my face falls.

"I'm sorry, Niall." Preston says simply. I nod, looking at my arm, which has a new bandage covering more of my arm.

"I'm kinda tired, I'm going to go back to sleep." I say, closing my eyes. After a couple of minutes of thinking, I finally drift into a dreamless sleep.

I'm awoken by a banging noise downstairs. Preston is no longer next to me, in fact I hear him yelling downstairs.

"What do you want?!" Preston yells loudly, probably making sure I can hear him.

"I want Mr. Horan." Another voice says, making my blood run cold. A very familiar voice.

"Niall, shelter, now." Ian says softly, running into the room. I nod, standing and running into the closet. I lock it behind me and watch on the monitor as Ian joins Preston downstairs. I turn on the audio and watch in shock as Greg pulls out a gun.

"Where is Niall?" He asks angrily, pointing the gun at Ian.

"He isn't here!" Preston yells, irritated. Greg shakes his head, laughing.

"Don't lie, Preston. I know exactly where he is because of that tracker. Did you know it has another feature?" Greg says, pulling out his phone and turning it on with one hand while keeping his gun pointed at both guards with the other. I see a dot on his screen, figuring that it's the tracker, so, me. There's also a couple of buttons on the screen, and I feel like I'm about to find out what those do. "You see this? This is how I know where Niall is. He's upstairs right now, probably in some sort of hideout. This button will activate an electric shock in the tracker that will be very, very painful to Niall and might even knock him out or temporarily paralyze him." Greg says. I look at my arm, suddenly very scared. "Niall, I know you can hear me. Come out, or you get shocked." Greg says, looking around the room. Preston looks near the camera, probably purposely not looking directly at it, and starts arguing.

"Niall, don't listen. That place is secure, no signal can get in there. You're completely safe as long as you don't leave." He says. Greg acts fast, hitting Preston on the head with the butt of the gun. Preston groans and sinks to the ground, his eyes closed. Ian pulls out a gun, pointing it at Greg, who laughs.

"Niall, come out, or I'm going to shoot your bodyguard." He says sweetly, making me shudder. Ian glares at the camera and shakes his head firmly, making sure I know not to listen to him.

"Shoot me all you want." Ian says defiantly. "As long as Niall is safe, it's worth it." Ian says, his hand slowly reaching for a button on his belt. It's probably an alarm to call for backup. Greg notices as well and cocks his gun. Ian freezes when he hears the clicking noise.

"No calling for help, Ian, or you get shot." Greg says, putting his gun against Ian's head. "Do. Not. Move." He threatens, pulling some ductape out of his pocket- how did I not notice that?- and swiftly knocking the gun out of Ian's hand, taping his hands together behind his back. "Now let's see if you were right about that shelter of Niall's." Greg says, pushing the button on his phone. I scream as pain fills my body, collapsing to the ground. I pull myself up and see Ian's face paling. I must have screamed so loudly they could hear me from down there.

"Niall, I'm so sorry." Ian says, looking at the camera. Greg follows his gaze and glares straight at me, smiling evilly.

"Mr. Horan, I advise you come out, because I can change how strong the shock is. That was the lowest setting. The highest will stop your heart, and another shock will start it again. I can kill you in an instant from down here, and I will if you don't come down immediately." Greg threatens. I look past him to Ian, who nods, telling me to come down. I turn off the audio and unlock the door, stepping out of the closet. I walk out of the room, down the hallway, and down the stairs, pausing right before I'm in Greg's view, but Ian can see me. He smiles, then looks at the camera so it looks like he's talking to the shelter.

"Niall, my job is to keep you alive, and right now, listening to Greg will keep you alive. I'm sorry I couldn't protect you." He says. I step down the last step, revealing myself to Greg. He points the phone at me, his finger hovering over the button.

"Come with me and do what I say or you get shocked so badly that you're knocked out." Greg says, motioning for me to walk to him. I step off the stairwell and walk toward Greg, right past Ian and the unconscious Preston. Greg grabs my shoulder tightly, turning me around so I'm facing Ian. Ian and I stare at each other, neither of us needing to say a word, as Greg pushes m good arm behind my back, ductaping it to my shirt. He slips a cloth over my eyes, tying it tightly, then spins me around again, and I feel a strip of ductape being pressed over my mouth. Pain courses through me and I collapse, screaming into the tape. I try to move my legs and discover that I can't. "I temporarily paralyzed you with that shock, makes it easier." Greg says, taping my legs together. I'm lifted into the air and over someone, probably Greg's, shoulder, then I feel him walking out the door and down the path. After a few minutes of being carried, I'm laid in the backseat of a car or something. The door shuts near my feet, another door in front of me opens, and Greg gets in, laughing. "Good boy, Niall. Sit tight, we'll be at our destination soon." His door slams shut, the car starts, and soon I'm being driven to who knows where, away from safety and my friends.

~Liam's POV~

Paul paces back and forth, listening to whoever's on the other side of the call. We've been in the other safe house for two days with no word from Niall other than his twitcam the day we left. "Ian, is Preston okay?" Paul asks. I exchange glances with Harry and Zayn, and I know we're all worried. Ian and Preston are Niall's guards. Louis walks into the room and sits down next to Harry, he probably heard Paul. "He was out for two days? He has woken up, correct?" Paul asks. He listens to Ian for a bit, rubbing his forehead. "We have to find him, who knows what Greg will do." I look at my friends, eyes wide. "Send out guards. Find him, and if you get him remove the tracker immediately and bring him here. Bye." Paul says, ending the call. He turns to the four of us and slams his phone on the coffee table, making us jump. "It's Greg." He says simply.

"Is Niall okay?" Louis asks, just as Amy walks into the room. I sign the basics of what's happening, and she runs over, sitting next to me and looking at my hands. Paul shakes his head.

"Greg knocked Preston out and bound Ian, then threatened Niall until he gave in. Basically, the tracker has another feature we didn't know about, a shocking device. With the push of a button Greg could send an electric current through Niall's body, ranging from painful to deadly. He threatened to kill Niall unless he came down, and Ian told Niall to listen. Ian and Preston's assignment was to keep Niall alive at any cost, and if Niall was going to stay alive by listening, he had to listen. Ian had to watch Niall getting tied up, gagged, blindfolded, the whole deal, then Greg shocked him so badly that he was temporarily paralyzed. Greg took Niall away, and Ian was stuck. He was tied up, so he couldn't get out and call me until Preston woke up and untied him, which didn't happen until a couple hours ago. Niall's been gone since the day after we left." Paul explains. Harry puts his head in his hands, Louis looks shocked, Zayn looks scared, and Amy looks sad. I feel really guilty, honestly.

"I'm so sorry Niall..." I whisper, looking at my hands.

"What was that Liam?" Paul asks. I guess I was louder than I thought.

"I just feel really bad. It's my fault Niall's in danger, that he's been hurt at all. He got stabbed, electrocuted, and kidnapped because of me! Trying to protect me! He doesn't deserve this!" I exclaim, letting out all of my guilt in my little rant. Paul puts a hand on my shoulder, and Harry starts signing what I said to Amy. We've had a lot of free time the past few days, so he started learning. Right now he just knows the alphabet.

"Liam, don't worry about Niall. Greg most likely kidnapped him for ransom, as a way to get to you. As long as he doesn't know where you are, Niall will be fine." Paul says reassuringly, patting my shoulder. I nod, looking at the laptop we have now, and the one new email I got.

Sender: Greg Smith
Subject: Niall Horan