eleven

ROSÉ.

It's been a month since Jennie started attending her Korean Class every Saturday morning and since then, it's been our routine that after her class, we'll meet up so I can teach her few facts about Korean language but there are mostly shopping, food trips, walks in the park, and clubbing involve after that.

Also between those few weeks, I was able to officially enroll myself in SU and my scholarship is already effective. I'm nervous to start a new school year in a place still foreign to me but the fact that Jennie, Jisoo, and Samuel will be my schoolmates have me rather overjoyed than nervous.

"I can't believe classes will start next week already.I'm not even over summer yet." Jisoo commented as she takes a sip of trevi while lying heavily on her grandiose sofa.

We're at Jisoo's mansion, as usual, Jennie is lying beside me in the sofa along with Samuel playing billiards at the living room's near balcony.

"I can't believe I need to survive another school year with those stupid jock classmates of mine." I heard Samuel mumbled as he strike his cue stick to the billiard balls.

"Same." Jennie tirelessly agreed as she snuggled her face into my shoulders. I blushed so hard at our interaction.

She's been so clingy to me, after the confession she made a month ago. It was the most unexpected time though, it was her first korean saturday class that day and I was heading to SU after performing in a live pub nearby so I basically went there with a guitar laid on my back.

I told her that we would go eat lunch at my favorite restaurant, the one which's name I kept a secret from her since I want her to stay curious.

I noticed something strange in her behavior that day, she was so quiet and subtle, she was just blankly agreeing to what conversation I was starting with her, but I shrugged it off thinking that her mood will just pass.

"So here it is." I declared as we stopped in front of a modern city-like restaurant. Jennie took a moment to look up at the restaurant's signboard but her face was showing a puzzled reaction, maybe because she couldn't comprehend what she was seeing.

"I don't know what kind of restaurant this is but I sure know that I can't read their signboard." Jennie told me as she tries to scan the signboard that says The Bulgogi - Sydney Korean BBQ written in Hangul.

I chuckled at her cute reaction. "This is my favorite restaurant that I was talking about. I googled it when I knew they have a branch here in Sydney. It's a Korean restaurant. The Bulgogi." I enlightened her as I opened and held the door and let her in first. We continued our conversation as we entered the building.

"The Bulgo- what? What does that mean?" She asked all so puzzled with the name. "Bulgogi means meat you cook or grill on a stove or a meat you barbecue in a Korean way." I explained looking her in the eyes.

"What's the difference if it's in a Korean way anyway?" She commented. I left a giggle at her comment. "Oh, you'll see." I answered.

We chose a table near the corner of the restaurant to keep the privacy within ourselves. We were sitting beside each other as my guitar rested on the other side of the table. I helped Jennie through the menu as she picks,  trusting her gut to tell her what's delicious.

...

Samgyeopsal, Bulgogi, Gamjatang, Japchae, Tteukbokki and some Kimchi Fried Rice was plattered on our table. Jennie was amazed on the way the meat was cooked in the small stove at the table top and how the dishes still looked tasty when most of them were composed of veggies. She's such a kid.