twenty-two

ROSÉ.

A new week of school came, and all I felt was agitation as every person in the school greeted me congratulations in the morning like they've never been glad to make me compete with the most preeminent student of the University. Not to mention, the most hottest of all. The love of my life, Jennie Kim.

Sir Hector, the Conformed Coalition's facilitator gathered us for a meeting during lunchtime and discussed about the platforms we will have to present during election week. I was still overwhelmed from what happened yesterday that I was so quiet during the meeting. Considering that I should be the one leading since I'll be the running candidate for president, but no, my guts didn't had the ability of thinking rationally at that moment.

"Ms. Park" I snapped back to reality when Sir Hector got my attention, he was a tall and slim guy on his late 20s with a perfect slicked back raven hair that collaborated with his blonde eyes. Clearly, his daily go-to style was a monotone cardigan paired with tight denim pants, a typical teacher look. I sensed leadership on his tone which made me startled, "Uh-yeah?" I managed.

"Are you with us?" He asked like he's expecting more from me, I gulped at the pressuring look that he was giving. I said sorry and nodded.

He sighed and placed his two hands on his waist and looked at me, "I know it's daunting to know the fact that you're competing with Ms. Kim who has won three consecutive elections already, but considering the fact that many students voted for you means they believe in you. Then I think that is enough reason why you should do your best." All Mr. Hector's words dawned unto me like a tsunami, swirling off my insides, and guiding my senses back to normal. I was deeply encouraged, but the nervousness didn't shake off.

"I'm sorry if this has been too shocking for me since I didn't any at all expected this, but I guess he's right, I will do my best to fairly compete with her." I affirmed my words to assure them that I am with them in this game.

In a snap of a finger, a swirl of ideas bounded my mind, confidence brimmed upon me and I quickly formed great schemes in my mind. Gradually, I started participating and suggesting ideas that I believe are innovative and substantial. The Coalition members all have vibrant and optimistic personalities, I am surprised we are easily agreeing and collaborating all our ideas until such time where we were all satisfied with the platform that we've creating. So our meeting ended well, and it wasn't as bad as I expected it would be.

....

After the last period ended, I texted Jisoo so we can meet and go home together. So we both passed the hallway as we head to the front exit. I was still hoping that I would catch a glimpse of Jennie before I go home, and I was lucky today. A smile automatically formed on my face as my eyes tunneled down to my ever glorious muse in a distance. Her long ash-brown hair glided through her bare skin as her off-shoulder dress fluctuated her sharp shoulders and keen collarbones. It sent shivers down my spine.

Jisoo and I shared the same thoughts and thought about approaching Jennie but we quickly fell back as we noticed Scott appeared and crashed his arms around her again as she was closing her personal locker. it was an upsetting scene to behold. We wittingly decided to just walk straight pass them and forget all the let's-approach-jennie-first plan.

As we were about to go parallel and pass Scott and Jennie, a warm touch gently held my free hand and we were distorted from walking. "Wait." Jennie's warm hands have always felt like home and adventure at the same time. I flinched but instinctively turned right away, Jisoo followed and faced them. I quivered as I meet those splendid pair of eyes again, am I the only one agreeing to the fact that Jennie's eyes is literally the 8th wonder of the world? There is a splendid spectacle happening beneath those mystifying pair of orbs that is unfathomable.