Chapter 6

Vivian frowned as she looked at herself in the mirror, "Your a fool to let him in. He's only going to hurt you in the end."
She sobbed as she pressed her eyes closed, "I'm so tired of being alone."

Her other voice chimed in, "No fear if you have nothing to lose.. Your rule remember?"

Vivian looked down and shook her head in agreement.
******

It had been a long week and Marcus had not seen or heard from Vivian. His eyebrows perked up when Freddy told him a young girl was waiting for him at the bar. He slightly frowned as he noticed it was Maxine, but soon smiled again as he came up with a plan, "Hi Maxine.."

She batted her eyes and gently caressed his arm, "Hello Marcus. I couldn't stop thinking about you."

He placed a fake smile to the young woman, "Where's your driver?"

Maxine shrugged, "Around.. Breaking some poor guys balls.. She's good at that."

Marcus chuckled, "Yeah..? Hey.. Maybe you can help me out. Me and my friend have a annual party coming up that we attend, and need my friend needs a date.."

"Of course Ill be your date, I'm sure Vivian would love to go with your friend."

Marcus kept himself from rolling his eyes, "Okay.." He then thought to himself, "If that's the only way to see her so be it."

***********

Vivian gasped as she entered Rudy's office. He was receiving consensual oral from Roberto, "Shit! I'm so sorry."

Rudy quickly pulled himself and clothes back together.

Roberto looked down as he left.

Vivian pressed her eyes closed, Rudy.. I won't.."

Rudy sighed, "I know you won't tell.. If you did.."

"I would be biting the hand that fed me.. I know... Pluse, I wouldn't because it's not right to tell.."

Rudy smiled at her and offered her a seat, "Ya know why I keep you around?" Vivian shyly shook her head, "Because your fucking smart, ya got huge balls.. and your a good person; whether you want to admit it or not."

Vivian wrinkled her brow, looked down and shook her head, "Im not a good person, I've done bad things.,"

He tipped her chin to met his eyes, "Did they deserve it?"

Vivian casually shrugged, "By my book, yeah.."

Rudy patted her little hand, "Then they deserved it. If people were good and honest like you, there would be a Hell of a lot more fights, but so much more respect in the end, and that is definitely something worth fighting for." Vivian looked down so he couldn't see her lip quiver, "Don't cry. Your too pretty to cry."

Vivian chuckled as she let out a sob.

Rudy pulled his wallet out of his back pocket, "The reason I wanted to see you, was because we have a party to go to, and I need you to go as my fake date. Roberto suggested it."

She gave him a fake smile, "Remind me to thank his fairy ass later.."

Rudy reared his head back and chuckled, "Here take this to buy a dress. Maybe if you show off your assets, you can land a guy."

Vivian rolled her eyes, "Can't I just wear.."

He smirked and shook his head, "I want the hottest date there, so we don't blow our fairy ass cover.. Okay..?"

Vivian gave a lazy salute and headed to purchase a dress.
****************

Maxine's Dress

Marcus's tux, yes this is a tux from the 80's

Marcus sat in the back seat of the limo with an annoyed expression. Maxine kept giggling and tried to peck him on the cheek.

Freddy couldn't help but laugh at his predicament. He chuckled, "So.. What happened to my date?"

Marcus squinted his eyes to his laughing friend when she answered, "Oh, shes sick.."

Freddy shook his head and winked to Marcus, "Such a shame.."

Maxine rolled her eyes, "These parties really aren't her thing, she can't stand to be in a dress.

Marcus smirked in a daze as he murmured to himself, "That's okay she wouldn't be wearing it long.."

Freddy's eyes widened and tried to hold  in a snicker. Maxine wrinkled her brow, "What?"

Marcus turned a nervous smile to her, "Nothing."

Marcus headed right for the bar as Maxine held on to his arm

Marcus headed right for the bar as Maxine held on to his arm. Freddy leaned up against it, and faced the crowd. Maxine could tell he was pissed, but she knew not to ask Vivian, especially since she wanted Marcus's attention.

Freddy continued to scan the room for his next lay and spotted a perfect backside in a skin tight green dress. He kept his gaze locked as he tapped Marcus for his attention, "Hey, look.. That's mine later."

Marcus smirked and down a shot, he turned his bored expression to Freddy's attention as he spoke, "Oh.. she's about to turn around. God look at those from the side.. oh yeah... oh.... holly fucking shit... don't kill me..!"

Vivian's dress

Vivian's dress

Marcus's eyes had locked on the perfect chest then eased up. His mouth dropped open as Freddy said the last bit of his sentence.

Marcus turned an angry gaze to Maxine, "Home sick..?"

Maxine gave a nervous chuckle, "I..."

Marcus growled and pulled his arm away from her to make his way through the crowded room. Maxine had never been so embarrassed.

Vivian promised Rudy that she would stay in his line of sight for protection, even though she knew how to fight, she could always be out numbered. None of the other dates would talk to her, so she casually just walked around shyly.

Marcus took a deep breath before he gently grabbed her arm, "Hello Vivian."