Chapter 16

Marcus laid awake as Vivian slept on the other side of the bed. His brow wrinkled as he thought of a good enough punishment for Freddy. His concentration was broken when he heard Vivian whimpered, "Don't.. don't hurt me.."

His eyes widened as he turned to her and snuggled to her, waking her, "Shhh.. Your here with me.. Your safe.."

Vivian sighed as he squeezed her to him, "Love you.."

Marcus kissed her hair, "Love you too.."

Vivian wrinkled her brow and pouted her lip as she fell back asleep. Marcus wanted to show her, physically how much he loved her, but knew it was too soon, but was glad that she let him this close.

The next morning, Vivian woke up alone. She had found a note beside her bed from Marcus,

"My dearest Vivian,

I have some things to take care of today, I will be back as soon as I can. Rudy is in his office today, he said if you feel frightened or lonely to call him. Love you.

Marcus"

She smirked at the note and sat up, when she did; her eyes widened as nausea hit the pit of her stomach. She held her mouth and ran to the bathroom and vomited. She splashed cold water on her feverish face and looked at herself in the mirror. Her eye was not nearly as swollen and her lip was beginning to heal. She slightly smiled at her reflection, "What kind of mother are you going to be?"

************
Freddy screamed as Marcus pulled another tooth. As his hands shook from the pulling pressure, he had a flashback to their conversation. He had found him at a bar at the lower end of town. Marcus smiled as he slapped his back, "Hey man..! I've been looking all over for you.."

Freddy gave a nervous laugh, "Hey man.. About Vivian..."

Marcus carelessly shrugged, "Ah.. Don't worry about it.. Bros before hoes right.."

Freddy chuckled, "Right.. I just wanted a head job... no biggie.. I heard her old man.." He stopped when he saw Marcus's eye twitched, "You're not mad are you..?"

Marcus chuckled and leaned into his ear, "Fucking furious."

Freddy gasped as Marcus slammed his head repeatedly on the bar counter, knocking him unconscious in the process. Two of his men stood from a nearby table and dragged him out. Marcus paid the bar owner and whistled while he left with his new toy.

Freddy spat blood as he pleaded, "I'm sorry man.. She already kicked my ass.. What more to you want?"

Marcus heaved, "All of you..Piece by.." Freddy bucked as he pulled another tooth, "Piece.."

Vivian smiled as she heard Marcus returned home. She gasped as she saw his clothes covered in blood. Marcus looked down and away. She bit her lip and held his hand, "Looks like you had a really busy day." He cut his eyes to her like a pouting puppy. She leaned in and stroked his cheek, "Come on.. Mama will clean you."

Marcus sighed as he eases into the bath. Vivian sat behind him on the floor with her knees. She hummed as she shampooed his hair. Marcus chuckled to himself, "Very motherly."

"Time to rinse."

Marcus held his breath as she pushed him under the water. She gasped as he grabbed her when she came back up. He feverishly kissed her as he held her to him in the water. Vivian smiled against his lips with her eyes closed. She was surprised at his next words, "Your the only person that understands me."

Her eyes eased open, "I'm glad that we are not alone anymore.. Aren't you..?"

He shook his pouty face as he was on the verge of tears, "I'm.. so .."

Vivian leaned up and hugged him as he sobbed, "Hey.. Your not a piece of shit.. This is the tub, not the toilet.. Hey stop crying.."

Marcus chuckled at her joke, "Life would sure be boring if you were refined."

She smirked and kissed him, "I love you Marcus.. Until the day I die and then some.."