|Three|

March 24, 2000
The Morrison Residence
Fairview, Pennsylvania

Norman Morrison parked his car in that driveway. He noticed right away that the living room light was on. He peered through the front window and saw no one.

He entered the front door. "Mandy, Neil, I'm home." There was no sound. Like it was an empty house. There was an indistinguishable scent that assaulted his nostrils. Norm took down his coat and hung it in the closet along with his hat. He held his breath for a second, still not a single noise.

He surveyed the hall and noticed dark lines across the olive-coloured wall. He took one step up the stairs before he saw the kitchen. He rushed to the top of the steps and turned on the hall light.

Next to the bathroom door, was his son, Neil, leaned over, holding his stomach. He was drenched in blood, tears and vomit. The floor and walls around him layered in filth.

Norman tried to open the bathroom, but it was still locked. He backed up and threw his weight at the centre of the door. The flimsy cardboard snapped down the centre, and he landed on the floor in the bathroom.

"Mandy?" Norm whispered.

The humming of the jets in the bathtub was the only sound. He reached for the side of the tub and pulled himself to its team. He sat upon his knees and peaked into the bathtub.