|Thirty-three|

Inger's eyes widened, and she grabbed Neil's hands with hers. "I was there when Jed made the deal. I told you before; I've come to protect you."

***

June 18th, 2015
Fairview, Pennsylvania

"Why didn't my wife tell me about this?"

"She didn't know. I was only supposed to protect you. However, the Reapers have given the order to have the Morrison line killed. Reaper One has tired of his own game. Jed will be responsible for dealing with the remaining family. If he succeeds, he will be given a place of honour among The Reapers."

Neil rubbed his forehead, "How do you know? The Reapers gave an order? And how is he going to do that, at his age, I'm sure he can barely do anything."

"When I am dormant, I can hear their communications. That is not what we need to focus on right now. With The Reapers behind him, he can do anything he wants. Like the murder, you were arrested for. He hoped to make you suffer before finding a way to get rid of you. Have you spoken with your father lately?"

Neil tapped Karina's shoulder, "Are you ok to drive? We need to stop by and see my father now." He wiped the sweat from his forehead and turned to look at Inger, "Yes. I have seen him recently. We were going to meet again yesterday, but I was a little tied up."

Karina started the engine and rolled out of the parking lot and onto the street. She listened to the conversation between her passengers but didn't speak. It was so far fetched that she feared a prank show had weaselled their way into Neil's life.

Inger placed her hand on his shoulder. "We will make this right. It has been too long that Jed has walked this plane of existence. It is time for him to return to The Reapers to carry out his sentence." She smiled, "If we can stop him, all of this will be over. The curse upon your family will be lifted, and Jed will get exactly what he deserves."

"What is his punishment if he doesn't complete his assignment?" Karina piped up.

"He will be damned to walk the fiery depths of hell for eternity," Inger replied.