Author's Note

The intent of this author's note is to get some important things discussed and out of the way before the story begins, so please read on...

Firstly, this story is sort of a mystery. If you're back re-reading this (welcome back, lol, I'm glad you liked it enough for seconds) please DO NOT LEAVE SPOILERS IN THE COMMENTS. Not only does it completely ruin the story for others, but it's rude and you wouldn't have wanted someone to do it to you when you read this story for the first time. This goes especially for the first few chapters where there are plenty of Easter eggs that could potentially ruin the ending if someone knew what they meant.

Second, I've written a were-book before (The Code of the Alpha), which you may have already read. This story is not connected to that one in any way and they both stand as their own stories. Also, there is a sequel to this book called 'Carnal'. It is not necessary to read Carnal after you finish this book, but I have a feeling you'll want to ;)

As of July 2018, this story is completed and edited. If I've missed any errors, let me know and I'll be glad to make the changes. I've also removed all the author's notes except this one and the final one (save for a few warnings) throughout the story, but I promise I am not the kind of author who doesn't interact with her readers so feel free to leave a comment! I read all of them. For those of you in the peanut gallery, this means that your rude and nasty comments are seen and not appreciated. If you don't like the story, put it down. You don't have to tell me how much you don't like it, because I honestly don't care.

Next, please keep in mind while reading the story that the protagonist is an ordinary Lycanthrope (a term I will use from now on to refer to werewolves). Her mate is and will be displayed more dominant and physically stronger than her throughout the story because he is an Alpha. This is not sexist, just how I believe—if these events were to play out in reality—things would actually be. However, don't presume she'll be a pushover and immediately submissive and don't assume everything written that displays her mate's dominance is sexist. You have a very strong female character.

Also, while we're on the subject of the male protagonist, I want to say something important: Adam Deveraux, while he may do jerk-ish things at times, is not a jerk

Also, while we're on the subject of the male protagonist, I want to say something important: Adam Deveraux, while he may do jerk-ish things at times, is not a jerk. He does not flip tables or curse at/talk down to his mate. He does not scream when he doesn't get his way nor does he throw temper tantrums when things aren't going as planned. These are things my 5-year-old nephew does, not an Alpha. He is grown man with his crap together who is pure-intentioned and respectful. I am telling you this to say that, as an author, my job is to make the reader fall in love with Adam as Evelyn does. Making the male lead an asshole who is disrespectful and sexist does not set a good example of a man I would want any woman to fall in love with, no matter how fictional she is. If you have a problem watching two people handle problems and fall in love like grown adults without being outrageously possessive, disrespectful, whiny, or temperamental then this is not the werewolf book for you. There are plenty of those stories on Wattpad, but this is not one of them.

Finally, anything said or portrayed in this story that could be deemed sexist, racist, or homophobic is not in any way intentional on my part

Finally, anything said or portrayed in this story that could be deemed sexist, racist, or homophobic is not in any way intentional on my part. I am none of these things and have no desire to deliberately portray anything of that nature.

As another side note: please make sure when commenting on this story that you keep your comments positive towards others. I'm not against comments that will help my writing, but keep in mind that there is a difference between constructive feedback and negative criticism. As I said earlier, don't leave nit-picky, nasty comments in the story just because you don't like it. If that's the case, put the book down. I promise my heart won't break if you do. If you don't agree with something in the story, feel free to take it up with me over private message.

Also, as I've said before, an original is much better than a copy so be creative and write your own werewolf story! Please don't steal mine as it would technically be plagiarism and otherwise illegal. 

I hope you enjoy reading this story as much as I love writing it! Thank you for your support!

Sincerely,

MaybeManhattan .x

//

© 2018, MaybeManhattan

ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. This book contains material protected under International and Federal Copyright Laws and Treaties. Any unauthorized reprint or use of this material is prohibited. No part of this book may be reproduced or transmitted in any form or by any means, electronic or mechanical, including photocopying, recording, or by any information storage and retrieval system without express written permission by the author/publisher.