Chapter Twenty-Nine - Birthday Wishes

I couldn't believe it.

It had been three days since Adam made the announcement that he was officially the Alpha Superior of Europe, making me the Luna Superior of Europe.

The Centennial had ended. Everyone had gone home—including the Germans, who left sulking. Diedrick had stayed behind, which I wasn't surprised by seeing as he had just been practically disowned by his father for his assistance in Adam's ploy for control.

Nearly half a week had passed and I was still baffled by the scheme. I didn't understand how Adam had successfully taken over Europe without so much as lifting a finger.

"It's all in the tactic, darling," he said as he packed his suitcase.

"But I don't understand," I said. "How on earth did you get him to just give you an entire continent?"

"I didn't," he said. "Diedrick did."

"But how?"

Adam stopped packing and looked up from his suitcase at me.

"I offered Diedrick a position as Beta under the condition that he could get his father to sign the papers and he accepted."

"But you already have a Beta," I reminded him.

"I'm going to have two."

Adam wasn't making any sense and the look on my face made him aware I was confused.

"Listen," he said, "Diedrick wasn't given the Beta position in his father's pack. Traditionally, fathers will give their sons their Beta position and allow them to rule under them until they are old enough to rule as Alpha themselves. Nwabueze and Zhao are perfect examples of this. However, Diedrick's father didn't do this and allowed the man who has always been his Beta to continue to stay in power. That's how I got Diedrick on board, I offered him something his father had neglected to give him."

"And his father was okay with that?"

Adam shook his head, laughing.

"No, Alpha Schneider had no idea. That's why Diedrick was able to pull it out from under him so easily."

"How did he do it?" I asked incredulously.

Adam shrugged.

"I'm not sure, and quite frankly I don't care. He managed to get his father's signature on the property and pack transferal documents as well as their pack's seal of approval and that's all it took for the council of the other Alpha Superiors to notarize the decision."

"But if he was deceived, is it really valid?" I asked.

Adam sighed.

"I have signed documentation. For all those other Alphas know, it is valid."

"You don't think they're wondering why he was carried out of your office kicking and screaming?" I asked, crossing my arms.

"I said they knew it was valid, not voluntary."

I rolled my eyes.

"It doesn't sound very legit to me. What are you going to do if we get to Germany and he decides not to give you the land or his people?"

"Then I've got two other Alpha Superiors on my side to make him give them to me. Stop worrying about it," he said, chuckling.

I shrugged.

"I think it's a bit shady and I don't like it."

"I didn't say you had to," he said folding a shirt and putting it into the bag.