Chapter Thirty - Do it Yourself

I felt like I was going to pass out.

My hands were shaking as I put them up to cover my mouth in shock.

"Evelyn Schubert, mate of mine and love of my life, I know it hasn't been one hundred days yet, but I'm an impatient man."

I laughed as I felt tears welling up in my eyes.

"Would you do me the honor of marrying me and becoming my wife and Luna?"

"Yes!"

I had said it before Adam could even finish asking.

I ran over to him and wrapped my arms around his neck as he sighed in relief and hugged me back. Adam kissed my lips with such passion that my mind went blank and he was the only thing I could focus on.

He pulled away slowly, leaving his forehead to rest against mine as I caught my breath.

"We're forgetting something," he said smiling.

I looked down at his hands where he was still holding the velvet ring box.

Cushioned inside was a diamond ring that put them all to shame.

It was a huge, pear cut diamond that was at least three carats. A halo of smaller diamonds surrounded it and covered the band.

It was exactly what I wanted.

"How did you know?!" I asked him.

"Vega might have helped me design it," he said laughing.

How did I not find out? Vega was a terrible secret keeper... I couldn't believe she had been able to to hide it from me.

"It's gorgeous," I gasped.

Adam pulled it from the box and took my left hand in his. He slid the ring on my finger carefully and kissed my hand.

I look at the ring in awe. The way the candles made the diamond sparkle took my breath away.

I jumped up into Adam's arms excitedly.

"I can't believe we're getting married," I said, cupping his face with my hands.

He smiled.

"When?"

"Preferably before the next full moon," I muttered.

His facial expression grew very serious.

"It will be, because you're not going into Heat again."

The certainty with which he said it made me gulp.

Adam carried me over to the bed and sat me down on the edge. He took my shoes from my hand and put them on the ground. Adam removed his coat and began to unbutton his shirt.

Once it had been unbuttoned, he leaned forward and, placing his hands on either side of my thighs, kissed me gently on the lips.

He leaned into the kiss and nearly pushed me back onto the bed.

I had begun to slide my hands down his chest and trace his abdomen with my fingers when he pulled away.