Chapter Thirty-Eight - Not a Chance

And he certainly did.

The echoes of my moans and gasps bounced off the walls of the cabana for most of the night.

It was only after a few hours that our stamina seemed to dissipate and we fell asleep still tangled in each other's arms.

I woke up the next morning to our bodies entertwined, my face nuzzled into Adam's chest and his strong arms wrapped around my body.

I felt the warm breeze floating in through the open windows, the smell of the ocean with it.

Opening my eyes, I saw the sunlight streaming in and shadows of the palm trees dancing in the wind were cast along the walls.

Taking a deep breath, I began to trace my fingers across his chest, feeling his warm skin under my touch.

I knew by his sigh and the tightening of his grip around my waist that he had woken up.

He took a deep breath and spoke, his voice deep and husky.

"Good morning, love."

My eyes closed as his lips kissed my forehead gently.

"Good morning," I replied.

I turned around in his arms, groaning as a dull pain spread across my hips.

He hummed in amusement.

"Feeling okay?"

"No," I laughed.

"My bad."

I turned to lay on my stomach, his hand sliding up the bare skin on my back as I did so.

I sighed in content as he brushed my hair to one shoulder.

"Hungry?" Adam asked.

I hummed in response as he chuckled.

"I'm not sure why I bothered to ask."

I smiled, peeking up from my pillow.

He winked.

I blushed as I noticed his tousled hair, remembering how my fingers had been tangled in the dark curls the night before.

"I'll get something to eat," he said, pulling back the duvet.

Adam got out of the bed, his towering and muscular frame walking over to a kitchenette that sat on the other side of the room.

He opened the fridge and pulled out a carton of eggs.

I watched as he made omelets, his broad shoulders flexing remissly with the effortless small movements.

The delicious aroma of food filled the room as he turned back to face me and walked over, balancing two plates, forks, and two mugs of coffee.

I sat up, holding the sheet to my chest to cover my nakedness.

"Breakfast in bed?" I asked, smiling. "I lucked out."

Adam laughed as he handed me the warm mug of coffee.

"Well, it was either that or you could try and manage to walk over there yourself."

Adam was right to assume I was sore. Considering I had winced even sitting up, I knew walking wouldn't be easy.

I took a sip of the hot coffee and brushed my hair out of my face as Adam sat down next to me.

He placed the plate in front of me on the bed and handed me the fork.

I took a bite of the omelet and moaned.