fourteen | bad days & a starting fever

Zayn

From what I had realised over the past few months, was that I had good days and bad days. Today was definitely a bad day for me. I wasn't feeling well at all and it affected my mood so badly that I was pushing everyone away, except for the nurses as I couldn't do that, although I wanted to. I didn't answer my family's calls or text, nor from my friends at home.

I didn't want to talk, I didn't want to eat, I didn't want anything. My head was pounding extremely bad, my stomach was hurting awfully much and the nausea and sweating wouldn't stop. The only thing I could do was sleep restless and wake myself up with my own soft groans as I was in pain and couldn't fall into a deep relaxed sleep as I wished for. It was really frustrating and it made me feel exhausted.

Opening my eyes, I saw a nurse coming inside, a plate full of food in her hands. I closed my eyes again and pretended to be asleep, not wanting to eat as I wasn't feeling hungry at all. I had managed to skip breakfast and lunch somehow, already, but I knew she was going to push me to eat this, only for good reasons, though. They couldn't let me get away with not eating for a day, especially not since I was sick.

"Zayn, I've got dinner for you. It's chicken and some vegetables. Your mother told us it's your favorite." She rolled the night stand closer to my bed and placed the plate on it along with a glass of water and some painkillers.

I needed the painkillers so badly, but I knew I couldn't take them before eating something. I'd throw up if I didn't eat something first, it was upsetting to a stomach.

"Zayn-"

"I'm not hungry." I said slowly, trying not to hurt my head or stomach even more.

She sighed but tried to hide it, which she failed miserably at. "You have to eat. Come on, sit up." She pulled the covers off me and I turned to my other side, my back turned to her.

"I said I'm not hungry. I can't get anything down my throat. I'll throw it up right after." I mumbled, feeling even more annoyed. If Rose or Caroline would have told me I would've at least tried, but what I said before, if people were going to push me into things- I just couldn't handle that.

She pulled out a chair and placed it next to my bed. She sat down on it and crossed her arms over her chest. "I'm not leaving before you ate at least ten spoonfuls."

I slowly sat up and looked at her in disbelief, "How old am I?"

"You tell me. You're acting like a little child. Come on, eat something." She grabbed the painkillers and stuffed them back into her pocket. "Otherwise you're not getting any of these."

I clenched my jaw and kept staring at her for a while. "You can't say that. Just because you're always working with kids and have to bring me dinner for once doesn't mean you can call me a kid because I can't eat."

Everything could piss me off right now because I was feeling awful and she was that one annoying, old, cranky lady that thought she could say everything to me. She was wrong.

"Are you even empathic? Do you even realise what I'm feeling like? Do you even realise what all the patients are feeling like? I can't eat because I've been nauseous since the minute I woke up. Even the smell of that can make me vomit." I pointed at the food and looked back at her.