58.

Zayn

I felt someone shaking me and when her loud voice spoke into my ear I woke up with my heart beating extremely fast.

"How many times do I still have to tell you? You're not allowed here, Zayn." Caroline sighed deeply.

I rubbed my eyes tiredly and looked at her confusion. Only then I realized I was in the bed on the eighth floor and besides the fact that I still felt drowsy from my just disturbed slumber, the thoughts of last night flooded back into my mind.

I sat up straight, scared that Rose was still here and that we had been caught but she was nowhere to be seen. Was it a dream? But I knew it wasn't. I could still smell the faint scent of her apple shampoo and I could still taste her lips on mine as I licked them.

I started to smile. I couldn't describe what I was feeling right now. Rose had kissed me back and took all of my insecure thoughts about her away in one second. The feeling she had given me was again, indescribable and I honestly couldn't believe that it had happened.

I felt warm at the thought of our kiss and my hands were once again clammy. I lied back down on the pillow and all I could see when I was staring at the skylight was Rose.

The sun was shining and I was sure that my face was doing the same thing.

I kissed Rose last night. And it was even better than I had expected it to be. I was so satisfied at this very moment that I forgot Caroline was basically telling me things about me being on the eighth floor.

"Zayn, are you even listening to what I'm saying?" She tugged at my arm and I sleepily rubbed my eyes again.

"Caroline, I just woke up." I yawned tiredly.

Caroline sighed and shook her head, "I don't care, Zayn. You know you're not allowed to be here, yet you make yourself extremely cozy and fall asleep?" She tugged at the fuzzy blanket that was covering my body and I frowned.

It was my fuzzy blanket and I didn't even take it with me.

Rose.

She did that for me. I smiled, causing Caroline to frown once again. "What's up with you?"

"Nothing." I said quickly. I stretched my arms, grabbed the blanket and my beanie as it had gone off my head in my sleep and walked over to the door. "I'm sorry, Caroline, I'll never do it again."

She gave me look but decided not to say anything about my apology. "Why did you come to here?"

"The bed is more comfortable." I lied and she knew. She gave me another look and shook her head, focusing on the elevator as we stepped inside and she pressed on the fourth button.

"Why are you wearing your sweatpants and shirt instead of your pajamas?" She now asked.

I bit my lip. Of course she was going to find out about Rose. Maybe she knew and she wanted to hear me say it myself. "I didn't feel like walking around in my pajamas." I lied again.

She bit her lip and stared at me with the expression of disbelief.

"Caroline," I whined.

"What? I'm not saying anything." She replied, holding her hands up in defense.

I sighed softly, "You're looking at me like that. I just felt like being up there because my head was full, okay? Nothing happened I just fell asleep there, I'm sorry and I'll never ever go back there."

"Why are you explaining it again?" Caroline now smiled cheekily.

I squeezed my eyes closed and turned away from her, not wanting her to find out I was lying all the time although I was pretty sure she knew it. I didn't answer her and we stepped out in silence, walking over to my room after that.