57.

Long chapter.. it's finally here. Some Zrose action 👀

Zayn

I couldn't sleep at all. Rose would have her night shift in a few hours and I really wanted to sleep those few hours before she'd come. I didn't want to fall asleep on her in the old cracky hospital room, but it was difficult if I couldn't sleep.

My leg was constantly bouncing up and down and my mind was going crazy for some reasons. I could only think about yesterday how she was so beautiful and smiley all the time while being outside. My stomach had turned probably about a thousand times every time I heard her laugh.

Thoughts were flowing through my head but they didn't make me tired this time. They only gave me more energy. I had put the thought of her liking me aside and just enjoyed her. Everything Caroline said helped a lot and she was right. I just had to spend time with her and enjoy it, not thinking about it all the time.

I couldn't wait to see her. Yesterday made me realise how intriguing she was to me. I just wanted more and more of her, in an appropriate way. Ignoring the thoughts I sometimes had at late nights, but I was still a guy, I couldn't always stop them.

I turned on my side and glanced at the clock, seeing she really wouldn't be here for in at least five hours. I sighed a little and closed my eyes. I needed to sleep.

I slapped the leg which was only bouncing up and down and I tried to pause my thoughts. Eventually, after a long time of trying I finally fell into a deep sleep.

So deep, that I didn't hear her coming in after those five hours to check if I had taken my medication. I was far away in my sleep and I didn't realise that she was staring at the sleeping me for a long time, because she felt the same. She wanted to see me.

I woke up around twelve- thirty and I quickly stopped my alarm clock as I had put the sound way too loud. I probably caused my neighbor patient to wake up as well, which wasn't my intention, obviously.

I traded my pajamas for fresh sweatpants and a black shirt, brushed my teeth, wore my beanie and quietly left my room.

The first thing I noticed when I entered the living room was that Rose was standing near the stairs already.

She smiled once she saw me, "No elevators today. We both didn't really like them." Rose started walking up the stairs and I already smiled, rushing my way over to her and walking up the stairs myself.

She started to run faster and I followed, like my body was hypnotized by hers. I barely even noticed that I was copying her actions. We started running up but while she was still looking full of energy my lungs and throat started to hurt and the muscles in my legs were already overused. I couldn't take much because I had lost a lot due to lying in bed for days.

Rose slowed down, she probably heard me unattractive breathing like a horse, "You okay?"

I felt like lying but I didn't feel like going on until I really couldn't take it anymore, something I always did. It wasn't good for me.

I licked my dry lips and nodded, "Yeah, sorry. My physical condition isn't that good anymore because of the fevers and being in bed all day long." I bit my lip and stared at my shoes as I felt ashamed.

"I get it." She said sweetly, "Then we'll walk. No problem with that."

We silently walked all the way up to the eighth floor and we quickly ran away once we entered it, disappearing into the dark long hallway.

I looked up one more time before opening the door and closing it behind Rose. She climbed on the bed and opened the skylight, smiling instantly when her eyes met the sky.