72

Zayn

I had no idea what had happened to me last night. Doctor Lane's call gave me many, many dreams, which affected my mind and messed up the reality. I didn't know what I was doing, though when I had done it, I knew it clearly. I wanted to apologize to everyone I had done bad things to, because of the Doctor's words.

I knew I had embarrassed myself in front of my mum and Rose, and I knew all of these thoughts and phone call made me sad, so I decided to focus on something else.

Ignoring the thoughts last night gave me, I started watching the movie mum had put on for Safaa while cuddling her.

I was sitting in the corner of the couch, with my legs resting on it and Safaa on top of me. I had wrapped my arms around her and mum had laid a blanket on us. She tried talking to me, but I waved it off, not wanting to bring it up again.

"Can I have some painkillers, though?" I asked quietly, not wanting to disturb my sister.

My mum sighed sadly and walked over to the kitchen where I heard her preparing a glass of water and some painkillers for me. She walked back over to me and stretched out her arms, "What's hurting, love?"

I took the glass of water, took a small sip and laid the pills down on my tongue, swallowing them down with more water. I gulped down the rest of the water and looked at my mother. "Everything."

"Like?" She took the glass back and sat down beside me on the couch.

I stared at the glass in her hands and bit the inside of my cheek, "My bones, my muscles, my stomach." I mumbled softly.

My mum held my face and pressed a few kisses to it. "Let's hope these pills will do their work then, yeah? And if you want to rest you can always go to bed. You know we won't make a problem out of it now." She teased, probably referring to when I always wanted to take naps on a regular day without being sick.

"Yeah." I smiled slightly and kissed my sister's head who was almost falling asleep.

"Zayn?"

I looked at my mother again and gave her a questionable look, "Yeah?"

My mum hesitated a bit before speaking up, "What happened last night? Please tell me, sweetheart. We were so worried and we're still confused."

I looked down and started playing with my sisters fingers. "Don't want to talk about it, mum. It's nothing.."

"It definitely is something because you never cry in front of me, Zayn. Never." She grabbed my hand and started brushing her thumb over it.

I bit my lip and rested my head back as I stared up at the ceiling, "It was an accident. I was still half dreaming."

"We all know that's not true." My mother gave me a sympathetic smile and stroked my bald head, as I wasn't wearing my beanie as it was extremely itchy today.

"I just don't want to talk about it. I wished it didn't happen." I gulped, quickly staring outside the window as I couldn't face her or I'd break out in tears again.

My mother sighed, "I'll give you some time, but you need to tell me." She pressed one last kiss to my head before she stood up and went over to the front door where I heard my sisters and Rose arriving from their trip to the Beauty Salon.

I quickly reached for my beanie and pulled it over my exposed head, wanting to look at least a little decent for Rose.

The three girls entered the room, smiles plastered all over their faces while they were soaked from the rain. Doniya said something I couldn't quite hear but it made Waliyha and Rose laugh.