Chapter Five- DEADLY WAIT

Chapter 5 is ready!
and i hope you too.
I have decided to include Death's POV too. You'll get to know about the mysteries surrounding Death's encounter with Alibel. So, if you want to know, keep on reading the story!
__________________________________

Death's POV
Somewhere in Japan.
He walked towards the dead body of the man. This one's soul still clings to life. Taking his scythe, he extracted the soul. The soul looked at him frightened, and then screamed. His dark cloak always terrified others. The soul wanted answers, but tonight, Death didn't give any as he usually does. His mind was totally elsewhere. Beside, this man had a pure heart, so explanations were unnecessary. Directing the pointed end of his scythe towards the man's soul in the left side of his chest where the heart is, he passed his judgement. Heaven.The scythe diffused a blueish light. The soul exploded in a panoply of bright light before it disappeared. The job was done.
Then he sighed. His free hand went around the locket under his cloak. He gripped it hard. It felt warm. It felt warm.. like her.
Finally.
He had finally found her.
Now he had one year to make her learn.

One year to make her fall.

One year to make her his.

With this thought in mind,he disappeared to the next location, to take a new soul. The night was long.
_______________________________

The next day.

Alibel woke up to the sound of the phone ringing. She slowly rose up, and went to answer. Her head was spinning. Was what happened yesterday a dream or reality. She looked in her left hand,and found the silver ring. Yes, all of it had been real. She grabbed the phone.
"Alibel Riverbell speaking"

"Ali!Ali are you alright? How is Camelia?" Her uncle Archer asked, worried tainting his voice. Alibel had totally forgotten about the call she made last night. She must have sounded really desperate and defeated on the phone .
"Hi uncle Archer. I'm alright. And Lia is alright too for now" ,she replied.
"How could you say she is alright when you just announced me yesterday that her doctor gave her less than two months to live?"he asked,in disbelief.

Alibel remained silent. How was she going to explain to her uncle about the pact she had made with Death. He will surely intern her in a mental asylum.
"Don't worry uncle. Lia is a fighter. She won't go down without a fight. I am sure she will certainly get better soon."

"Ali,please,don't try to reassure me. Please,let me, let us, your family be there for you in this hardship. "He replied. "I know i wasn't there for you and Camelia when Alessa passed away,but i won't leave you alone now. Yesterday you sounded so ....down....Please Ali. I'm coming soon. I'm going to come and look after you and Camelia"

Alibel dreaded the worst. How will she be able to do death's tasks with her uncle around.
"No,uncle, its not necessary. Don't worry.."
"You won't be able to change my mind. I'm coming whether you want it or not. But before i come, i must make sure to secure my business. So i will be there with your aunt Monique and Ryan maybe in... three weeks." Ryan was Alibel's younger cousin. He was 16 years old. "For now, its your cousin Ian who is going to come in less than one week to look after you and your sister. His boyfriend, Luke and his younger brother, Zayne are going to come with him. All your family and friends should be around you to help you face this tragedy. And as i am your uncle, i feel highly responsible for you both. And..and..i am extremely sad for not having spend enough times with you girls. So i'm not going to fail you this time."

Alibel could say nothing. She knew that when her uncle had something in mind, it was pointless to argue with him. She hoped that he will go back to Australia as soon as he came when he will see that her sister's health is getting better.
Her uncle went on about the details concerning his trip to meet her, and the financial support he will give for Camelia's treatment. Alibel thanked him and hung the phone. She went to sit on the couch again. Her uncle had made things complicated. Just when she had finally found a way to help her sister. She sighed again. She's been doing that a lot since yesterday. She completely understood her uncle worries. He had always cared about her and Lia a lot. And Alibel was happy to be able to meet her family again. And she knew Lia would be too. The last time they both saw them was during her mother's funerals. So, she did indeed felt happy to meet all of them: her uncle Archer,her aunt Monique, Ryan,Ian, Luke and Zayne.