Chapter Seventeen: DEADLY GAME

Death's POV

Knowledge's Sub Realm ..
The Infinite Library..

"So, let me hear that piece of information you want to bargain with", said Knowledge hastily.

Death knew that she didn't like being ignorant of something. Knowledge, as her name implied, had to know everything by anyway and any means possible.

"It is not something for you to hear", Death replied.

"Really!?", she said more excitement in her voice. "Now you have really caught my attention. What is that information I'm ignorant about, that can't be heard but which you are going to bargain with", she said thoughtfully.

"It's something that cannot be heard because it needs to be experienced", he said confidently.

Knowledge stood off, got around the table, her blue electric eyes sparkling. "What is it? What experience? Tell me or better, show me!"

Death notified her to come closer. She approached, tentatively. When she was in front of him, he grabbed her face in his palms .

"What experience?", she asked again, her voice trembling.

He approached his mouth to her ears. "The experience...of death!"
Knowledge expression was a mixture of panic and excitement.

All of a sudden, Death made his scythe appeared out of thin air and struck Knowledge in the back. His scythe shined, blue light coming from it, going into her body. Knowledge closed her eyes in pain and trepidation.
"Yes! Yes!", she cried her eyes still closed.

Without any further delay, Death removed his scythe from her back. There was no blood on it. He instantly made it disappeared.

"This..this was...unexpectedly..really instructive", she said, her breathing harsh with pain and effervescence. "A perfect piece of information. So precious. I would have never guessed that you would go against the Godly rules to make me experience the effect of death", she eyed him curiously.
"Well, I don't care that you broke the rules. What I  care about is that I have another new piece of knowledge. Now I can write the effect of death on the soul and mind. It might be difficult for me to put it in word. But I am Knowledge. No description can resist me."

"I don't really care", Death said rather crudely. "I want the location of Fate. So tell me now. We made a bargain. Respect your part of it."

"It seemed like you really like to bargain. Or rather, you like to make pact", she said naughtily.

Death clenched his hands. "How do you know?"

"I won't reply to that. And you should know among all being on this planet that there are only minimum pieces of knowledge that I do not know", she replied.

Death glared at her. "I'm in a hurry."

Knowledge nodded. "I know. Well Fate is now where she wanted to be for so long. In the feet of that unbearable being we both know she's so obsessive about: Arrogant. She is in his realm. The Imposing realm"

Death was shocked to hear this, but no one would have guessed seeing him. He was stoic. What was Fate doing with Arrogant in his realm when he had heard that that bastard had exiled her long ago? How come she was in the Imposing realm now? That really intrigued him. He couldn't ask Knowledge or he would have to trade another piece of information. And he didn't want that.

"I won't thank you for this information. It was my due. Farewell, Knowledge", he said meanwhile walking away.

Knowledge laughed. "I hope you come to visit me again old friend. In another century." She laughed again. "We could talk about the old good time when we used to be...team mate..Oh! And you better keep that woman close to you. The enemy is still seeking revenge."

Death stopped and looked back menacingly at Knowledge. "What does that mean?"

"Don't look at me like that. I'm not the menace. I'm simply warning you. Keep her close to you. If you don't wanna lose the one you love... a second time", she said calmly, not intimidated by Death. "Do not repeat the same mistake. Feel free to come anytime with her. I'd like to meet her."

Death didn't acquiesce what she said and simply went away despite knowing that Knowledge was right. He decided to follow her warning nonetheless and keep Alibel close to him as possible. Leaving the Infinite Realm, he went to his Alibel.
He decided that it was better to take her with him in Arrogant's Realm to question Fate.
He disappeared in a dark mist, speeding up to meet with his Alibel.

______________________________________
The Riverbell's Residence

"Alibel, wake up. I'm going back to the apartment now."

She felt Zayne shake her lightly. She slowly opened her eyes and realised she had fallen asleep on his shoulder while watching t.v. . She blushed.

"Alright", she replied lazily.

"Sorry to have woken you up, sleeping beauty", he said caressing her cheek.

"Never mind. Let me accompany you to the door." She got off the couch and lead the way to the door. She opened it and said goodbye to Zayne. He hugged her tight and kissed her right cheek. Then he went away. Alibel watched him until he was in his car then closed the door.

As soon as the door was closed she felt cold muscular arms tightening around her preventing her from moving. She gasped. Death was grabbing her from behind. She felt his freezing breath in her ears as he said, "You disobeyed me, lovely Alibel. I can smell his scent again. He came too close to you. I thought I told you not to meet him again."

Alibel shivered as her heart throbbed. Only he could make her skin icy while her blood poured like molten lava in her veins. But she could not help but defy him.

"You told me not to do it but I promised you no such things. I'll not stop meeting with him without reason", she said.

He turned her his arms, for her to face him. "Alright. Then you won't mind if I ...gave you ...the reason to."

Alibel looked at him. Always enthralled by his dark majestic beauty. " I am exposed to hear your reason and to consider listening to your warning, if your reason is plausible, that is."

Death smiled satisfactorily. "Oh! Believe me, I took the pain to investigate this. So I can guarantee you that my reason might be more than plausible."

He tip her head up and rubbed his nose against hers. Then he licked her upper lip and bit her cheek. Alibel's blood boiled in excitement and anticipation. Was he going to kiss her like he did yesterday? That kiss had enticed her and she wanted more of it. She was totally under his spell. But no. He never initiated another passionate kiss. Instead he smiled maliciously and he broke every contact with her. Bastard. He read her mind again. Then he said composedly, as if being close to Alibel never affected him , "Go and get ready. We leave in 5 minutes."

And there he was back again. The serious hard-working get-back-to-business Death. Alibel internally pouted. Unfair bastard, she purposely directed that thought towards him knowing he would read her mind again. Death exploded in maniacal laughter as Alibel went away to prepare herself. She had wanted to insult him and make him angry but he laughed. Well, nevermind, she thought. He never reacted the way she expected him to. She decided to not bother about him for now. It was time to get back to business. Another mission destined to help her  healed her sister. She prepared herself mentally to face any gruesome scene Death had in reserved for her.
With him by her side, she knew nothing wrong could happen to her.
Well, she hoped because she knew that Death could bring chaos like nobody. She felt it in his aura. It was inscribed in his very DNA. He was deadly.
_____________________________________

End of this chapter.
We will get to know a bit more about Death as from now.