Chapter Eight: DEADLY SHOCK

Here's chapter eight

---------------------------------------------------

They appeared swiftly in a new location still holding hands. This time, Alibel had closed her eyes during the teleportation process. She dreaded to experience that awkward feeling again. Her mind registered that they had changed location because of the smell and the noise. Her home has a nice fresh smell, and silence always reign inside. Where she stood now, the atmosphere was heavily clouded with dust and  loud cars honk and she could heard people busied walking down the street. They were shouting. And she could also heard several police siren.  She was definitely in a crowded dangerous place. Death released her hands, and the cold sensation she always get when he touched her hands went away. She cried internally because he had break contact with her, but she would never admit it aloud. She then slowly opened her eyes to finally look at her surrounding. She opened her eyes and what she had heard could be seen. She was in a dark narrow creepy street. She was surprised that even though she was in a silent street, she had heard the noise very well. She looked at the end of the street and finally could see the road and the people walking by.

"Where are we?" she ultimately decided to ask Death.

"Detroit", he replied, as he started walking away.
Alibel followed.
"We are in Detroit?" She asked again. Alibel looked at the back of his head as he nodded, making his lucious jet black hair bounced with each movement. So Detroit.They were really in Detroit. She knew that Detroit has the highest killing rate in the U.S. and she started to fear what kind of mission he was going to make her do today.

Death walked slowly till they arrived into a stinking much narrow street. There was the putrid smell of rotten animals corpse hanging in the air and there were huge piles of garbage on the ground. Death then stopped walking,and waited. Alibel observed how calm and posed he was. How could he be like this in a place like that,she thought. As for herself she was suffocating in a place like that. She might be some kind of go through ghost now,but she had all her five senses intact. That damn stinking smell was really annoying here.

"Could we not go somewhere else please?"she pleaded,"i can't handle that oddly smell"

"No",he simply said. Alibel wanted to urge him to explain to her why he wanted to be here specifically but by the way he said no,she knew he did not want her to ask anymore questions. So, she stood still,pinching her nose and waited by Death's side.

Soon she heard loud foot pace, as if there were people running towards the place they were,and she could hear them running too.
Then suddenly, a man,looking to be in his mid thirty, in suit with his blond hair ruffled, with his classic attaché caisse in hand came running. His face had the dark expression of fear and anxiety ,and there were perspiration drops running down his face like waterfalls. Behind him there were three men dressed in rags clothes following him. They had small knives and steel bars gripped in their hand. Hooligans. Alibel realised, and she feared for what was going to happen next. She knew that the man in suit was in a deadly situation. The man in suit passed through Death running for his life,but unfortunately at the other end of the street, two men appeared,dressed in dirty drag clothes too. The accomplices of the three hooligans men. The man in suit stopped in his track. He was caged by the hooligans. The three men behind had stopped running too, as an evil grin draw on their faces. They knew the man was trapped. The prey was their.

Alibel started to panick, she came before Death and said " We should help the man. They are going to hurt him very badly. We can't let this happen "

But Death did not react at all. He simply stood there, watching the scene. Alibel looked at him, shocked that he wanted to do nothing to help the man. Then she heard a loud voice speaking, and turn her head to see who it was.
"...near me!i have already phoned the police. If you hurt me i will make sure that you rot in prison"