Chapter Six- DEATH'S APPRENTICES

Here is the next chapter!

Enjoy!

*Edited chapter.*

*****

She felt something soft and cold brush against her cheek and travel down her jaw.  Alibel  startled, jumped from the couch knocking her pillow and sheet down.

She saw a dark hooded figure standing in the dark. Her heart beats accelerated. She switched on the light.
The still cloaked figure chuckled.

"Are you mad! You scared the hell out of me." , Alibel yelled.

" That's what I am meant to do. Scare the shit out of people." He replied, seemingly really amused.

Alibel rolled her eyes.
"Well next time, knock on the door before you come inside my house. Its impolite to enter someone's house uninvited"

"This is not how I operate. I am used to go wherever I want whenever I want"

"Well with me, it's not going to be like this. Next time knock."

"You seem to believe that a mere mortal like you can order me around" he replied, offended.

Alibel gulped. Don't forget that he is Death, she reminded herself.
"Look I'm sorry", she apologized. "It's just that you really scared me. Okay."

"That's understandable", he replied.

"So, finally, you came.", she said, skipping the subject.

"I said I will. So I did. For the pact to operate we are bound to respect its terms"

"humm okay.", she replied. What time is it, she thought, as she looked on the clock. Past midnight. She observed, annoyed. He really had the nerves to come this late.
" So, what will happen? What will I have to do? And when will you start healing my sister? Her health is rapidly deteriorating."

He still had that damn cloak on.

"And please could you remove that hood, its really disturbing. Its so dark under there, that even the light  can't penetrate its obscurity. And due to that, I can't see your face. And it just freaks me out more. "

"You already want to have another sight at my gorgeous face"he replied while removing the hood.
And again, his dark handsome beauty struck her again. How could Death be so..magnificent.

"If believing this might help you sleep at night, then suit yourself", she replied. 

He smirked.

"So, could you please answer the questions I asked before?" Alibel insisted.

"First of all, you will come with me. Then I will teach you...lessons. Then as you learn those lessons, you will have to do..some tasks as time flies by.  And after each lesson learned and each mission you accomplish, I will heal your sister. Thus, doing my part of the pact. And because of the pact we made, you can't refuse to do anything that I order you to do. You will break the terms of the pact. So whatever I say, just do. Never say the word 'I refuse', not even once. You will inadvertently end the pact. And neither you nor I could do nothing about it.", he explained.

She nodded, despite the fear that invaded her body in every hidden corner. Because of this pact  she had many precautions to take.
"What kind of lessons are you going to..teach me?", she then asked.

" Life lessons", he simply replied. "Now let's go. Hold my hand. I will teleport us to a location."

Her heart beats faster. Teleportation! She was going to  teleport with him! And she was going to hold his hand again too! But what about her sister? She can't leave her alone.
She talked rapidly, "I can't possibly go with you and leave my sister alone? We don't know what might happen to her. "