Chapter Ten: DEADLY ATTRACTION

Alibel shivered. She felt as if she was being watched. By something mystically dark. But that feeling was familiar now. So she slowly opened her eyes and found the silhouette of something big and dark in one corner of her room. One of its eyes was beaming brilliantly. A blue electric fluorescent light. She rose up instantly from the bed and switched on the light. The hooded figure stood still in, his blue electric eye less prominent in the light.

"So you finally came", said Alibel, "Again without announcing your arrival. I guess it was a one time only thing then."
"Hmmm you are not afraid? Did my... unannounced presence in your personal chamber not make you afraid?", he asked, really curious.
"Not anymore. I'm used to you appearing and disappearing whenever you want now. It comes all in one. I guess its a kind of package. Well whatever"

He uncloaked his face, his hand running through his dark silky hair. She felt the urge to stroke his hair too. She was so mesmerized by his hair that she did not see him watching her back. His gaze full of a dark desire he rapidly disguised as soon as her own gaze fell on his face. They watched each other in silence. Then suddenly his blue eyes started flashing and his expression became dark and terrifying. He approached Alibel. His power was so overwhelming that it tortured her. Never had she in all her life felt as powerless as now in his presence. When he halted himself in front of her, towering her like a dark tower, he bent his head, and inhaled. His cold breath caressed her first before the tip of his nose brushed against the sensitive skin of her neck. He was tormenting her and it felt like pure bliss. She wanted to wrap her arms around his shoulders and beg him to touch her in the most sinful of ways. 'Oh gosh! What is happening to me', the thought echoed inside her head. Finally and mercifully he stopped and Alibel breathed out the air she had been inadvertently holding back. He looked at her, his gaze she could not decode.

She gulped and tentatively asked, "Is something wrong with me? Why did you smell me like that. Do i stink or ..something?"

"No...Nothing.. i thought i smelled..", he said.

"Smelled what?", she asked again.

"Nothing..Just my imagination i guessed", he replied, seemingly more calm now.

Alibel nodded, then rushed to the bathroom. Her heart was pounding like a thunderstorm inside her chest. She breathed in and out. In and out. 'For heaven's sake' she thought, 'that man is really playing with my senses.' She washed her face with cold water, trying to gain her composure back. Then she dressed herself in all black attire. When she was ready, she came out. He was still standing where she had left him.

"I'm ready", she said. He nodded. He extended his hand. She grabbed it, her gaze avoiding his.

He grabbed her hand firmly and in a blink of an eye, they were gone.

________________________________________________________________________________

They landed in what looked like a living room. The interior was very modern, luxuriously decorated with furniture, a led television and so on. The light was dim. There was a man on the phone, with a bottle of liquor in his hand. He was drinking large sips from the bottle. There were large streams of tears running down his face. He was on the phone and obviously pleading with the person at the other end of the telephone line.

"Yancy, please... .come back baby... I did not mean to do this.. Please,please..It's the last time... I swear", and then he cried on the phone, like a big baby. He was so overly drunk. "Baby..Yancy darling I know I have cheated on you so many times. But I swear, that the one I love it's you. Only you babe. Please don't do this. Don't go away from me. You cannot take Sean and Alicia away from me. They are my children too!". Then he sobbed while listening to his wife on the phone, Alibel guessed. The man seemed really dejected.