Chapter Twelve: HEAVENLY MIRAGE

Death's POV

Somewhere between the realms

He paced back and forth. He has been doing that a lot lately. Since he let his possessiveness overpowering him. She has been able to revive a feeling he had lost long ago. He who felt nothing for so long. He overestimated his hollowness and underestimated her influence on him. And he  made a mistake. A huge one. He had not want to tell her those words the other day. But he did. He had let it slipped. He reprimanded himself heavily since then. His carelessness could cost him a lot. So, he decided to not see her for a fortnight. Avoiding her for now was the best option. Until those words escaped her mind. Until he could have a grip on himself. Until his possessiveness was under control again. Until those newborn feelings were on leash. Until then. Then he would meet her again. Because he also knew he couldn't go much longer than that without seeing her. Without touching her. Not only for his own personal and selfish reason but because it was also still primordial for her to learn everything. He knew Hate would find out about her soon. He knew Hate would. So his mission to make her learn was necessary. 

He then used his teleportation power to switch location. He still had souls to collect. Until he met her again, he would bury his mind in accomplishing his task. This would help him keep everything under control. Until he met her again.

His heart.

His soul.

His  Alibel. 

________________________________________________________________________________

The next day, Alibel went to work.  This time, Mr Thatcher did leave her alone which she was really grateful for.  And 15 minutes before lunch, Zayne called her. He asked her where she worked first so he could come  to fetch her. After she explained to him where the company was situated, they then decided to go to have lunch at  restaurant a bit away from Alibel's work place. Alibel chose that place because she didn't want Mr Thatcher to see her. She went there whenever she wanted to escape him. So, when the lunch date was planned, Zayne promised to come on time and then he hung up. Alibel smiled. Everything was going smoothly with Zayne. Her life felt so normal. She felt normal too. Yes, it was good. Being in the light felt very good. And that kiss. She couldn't forget it. It had been so soft. And she knew Zayne for so long. How could it be wrong? How could this go wrong? 

When lunch time came, Alibel took her bag and ran into the lift. She had to be quick. She could not risk coming across Mr Thatcher. When she was out, she looked for Zayne. He waved at her from his rented car.  Alibel ran towards him and then got in the car in the passenger's seat next to him. She put the safety belt, then looked at Zayne. Zayne was already looking back at her. He kissed her on her cheek, then asked, "Ready to go?"
Alibel nodded. Then she started giving him indications about the location of the restaurant. It was a Taiwanese restaurant which was famous for its spicy food. Alibel rarely cooked spicy foods because of her sister. So, she did not only come here to escape her boss but also to stuff herself with spicy food. She explained all that to Zayne who laughed at her because of the way she must act to avoid her boss.

"I think your boss might have  a huge crush on you Alibel", he said.

"I'm totally aware of that you know. It is the main reason why I try to avoid him as much as possible", she replied.

"You're not avoiding him. You're playing hide and seek with him", he said while laughing.

Alibel pouted. Zayne was not wrong. But what could she do? She had to work there until she could be a certified doctor. And she was still waiting for her result. The result was decisive to know if she has been accepted into her desired medical school or not.