Chapter Twenty-Three- DEADLY REUNION

(Unedited)

In the realm of light...

Sub realm of Knowledge, The Infinite Library...

Alibel looked at Death, whose displeasure at what Knowledge suggested was flagrant on his face. It was clear that he didn't like the fact that Knowledge had to involve the one she called "Secret" in this plan to get Alibel's Book of Fate back.

And soon enough, Death spoke about his disagreement on this: " I don't really like the idea of implicating Secret in this. We both know how he is, and what he can do. We both know what he did centuries ago. Because of him, hell broke loose. I don't want to risk everything again by being near him everyday. I don't want anyone else implicated in this matter. I want to solve it on my own."

Knowledge immediately defended Secret. Alibel could heard it that she was defensive about him in her tone.

"Well, Secret is the only one who can obtain the information we need to retrieve the Book without Hate knowing. And indeed, Secret did something...that was partly wrong. Yes, partly. It was not his fault that Hate wrecked heaven and earth. It was Hate's decision. And Secret has been full of...regret since then. You know he is our only option. If you want to save Alibel, that's the best way to achieve success. There is no other option. You can't go into war to retrieve the Book by yourself. You won't stand a chance against Hate's and Devil's armies of demons on your own. Take the right decision and do the right thing."

Alibel was astonished by Knowledge maturity, about the way her mindset worked. She was a very effective and efficient warlord. 

Death thought a bit about what Knowledge said before he finally answered: "Alright. Summon him. I will speak to him. He owe me. So he should not refuse to help if he is that regretful. But you better warn him to keep his distance away from me and Alibel. I don't want him near us that much."

"Why not?", asked Alibel. "You can decide for yourself that you don't want Secret near you, but i won't allow you to decide for me."

"Believe me Alibel. I'ts for the best", he responded.

"Why so? What can Secret do that might shock me more than Arrogant's....personality and what Fate did to me? Well, Fate put me in danger's way. She bluntly gave your worst enemy the way to kill me. What worse could Secret do?Probably not that much" Alibel could not help but defend Secret, like Knowledge. She didn't even met him yet and Death wanted to keep her away. It was unfair. She didn't want to judge the man before at least meeting him.

"If you don't mind the fact that he will know all your secrets  or he can make you spill all of it yourself by a simple touch or by concentrating his flow of powers on you, then suit yourself. You are free to get closer to him as much as you like", said Death nonchalantly. 

Alibel looked at him astonished and asked: " So the reason he is called Secret is because he can....unveil all secrets, if i am not wrong?"

"Bingo!", said Death. "He can actually forced anyone to reveal what she or he don't want to reveal. He can make you reveal any secret and make you forget that you ever revealed it. Or he can used a flow of his power, that can go unknowing to those who never experienced it at least a dozen of times, to quest in your mind and find all your secrets. When we are near him, beings like me, Knowledge, Arrogant and so on...."

Alibel knew he said 'and so on' because he didn't want to say Fate's name.

"......we  put mind barriers to prevent him from knowing our secrets. But this barrier is temporary. Unless he intentionally put a leash on his powers, when he is next to us, he can know all of our secrets by using his powers to rummage through our mind. That's why i try to avoid him as much as possible. He did that to me centuries ago. He went to spill a secret to someone whom he should have never told it. "