Chapter 3

Adrian

"Josh is bringing you his report in a ten minutes, then you have a meeting with your accountant. After that, you have a video conference with someone from Europe," my assistant, Tia, told me as she took a seat across from my desk. I nodded and continued to sketch designs in my sketchbook. Tia had been my assistant for a little over four months and she'd already been doing a great job.

"What time is the video conference?" I looked up from the paper at the woman who was now typing on her phone.

"It starts at 4:30." I gave her a small smiled and glanced over her appearance. Tia was very pretty. She was a very petit girl with smooth mocha colored skin, and dark brown curly hair that flowed down her back. She was currently rocking a royal blue dress that complimented her skin tone, along with a pair of nude heels. It was no wonder why she always received heart eyes from the straight men in the building.

"What are you working on?" I heard her ask before I saw her peer over at my sketchbook.

"I'm working on some new designs for houses and such," I shrugged, glancing at my current sketch. At the moment, it was just an outline of a two story house with a flat roof, giving it a modern look. Hopefully, the full thing would be done within the next two days. The woman who wanted it was very snappy and impatient. In my opinion, if she doesn't like my process, she can take her requests somewhere else. She needed me; not the other way around.

"Mr. Hafler?" a soft voice spoke. I looked towards the door to find one of my best workers, Josh.

"Good afternoon, Josh," I smiled, meeting his eyes. "I assume you're here to bring me the report?"

"Uh yeah," Josh blushed and handed me a black folder.

"Thank you very much."

"N-No problem. I'll see you later, Mr. Hafler," he muttered and quickly exited my office. As soon as the door closed, Tia and I glanced at each other before bursting into a fit of laughter.

"That boy is head over heels for you," Tia giggled.

"I know," I nodded and began to clean up my desk. I placed my pencils in their case before sliding my sketchbook into it's respectable drawer.

"Why don't you give him a chance?"

"Not really my type," I shrugged, standing up from my desk and grabbing my jacket from the back of my chair. I slid it on my body and opened the door to my office. "Now stop worrying about my love life and go get me a coffee while I meet with my accountant."

***

I groaned as I tried to shrug the small girl off of my body. "Dakota! Get off of me!" I rolled my eyes. Naomi let out a loud laugh as she plopped down onto the couch, watching her wife attack me. Bitch you're not gonna help me?

"I'm just so happy to see you," Dakota giggled, pinching my cheeks. Naomi finally got up from her seat and grabbed my sister, pulling her onto the couch. Oh now you wanna help? I see how it is.

I sat down on the other couch, in my living room. "You saw me like two days ago," I pulled out my lap top and began clicking through things. I decided to close up the office a little early today and to have my video conference here at home. Little did I know, my annoying sister and her wife would come barging through my door looking for food and a person to hang out with.

"That doesn't mean I can't miss you," Dakota rolled her eyes. "Are you about to work?"

"I have a video conference in ten minutes."