Chapter 7

Luna

"When is the meeting?" Mama asks through the computer screen. I was woken up to my laptop ringing with a Skype call. As soon as I recognized who it was, I immediately answered, excited to talk to my mother.

"I meet with the architect today at 1:30," I answer, glancing at the clock on the other side of the room.

"Have you been eating? Do I need to come down there and force feed you?" She raise an eyebrow at me.

I giggle and shake my head. "I'm fine, Mama. I've been eating well."

"Yeah whatever, Lu. Aurora misses you."

"I miss her too! Give her hugs and kisses for me!" I grin at the mention of my beautiful pup.

"Will do," she nods. We continue to talk about our lives for a while before she sighs and prepares to end the call. "I have to head into the restaurant and you need to get ready for the meeting. I'll talk to you later, Luna. Good luck!" She smiles.

"Bye, Mama!" I wave and end the call. I bounce into the living room and use the telephone to order room service. It takes me a minute to decide what I want but I eventually decide on cinnamon oatmeal with a glass of orange juice. Nothing too much. Just a little something to tie me over until after the meeting. Once my food arrives, I quickly gobble it down and head into the bathroom to get ready. I hop into the shower and scrub myself with my favorite vanilla body wash from back home. After finishing my shower, I do the rest of my hygiene routine then dig through my suitcase for a nice outfit. I decide on a denim button up along with a pair of black ripped jeans and white canvas sneakers.

It's not long before I'm exiting my hotel and making my way down the street. Over the past few days, I've grown accustomed to walking places. Of course, I haven't been anywhere but to get food but I think I've gotten the hang of walking everywhere. I also learned that New Yorkers are, in fact, quite rude. I guess no one around here learned how to say 'pardon me' when trying to get somewhere.

My feet take me quite a few blocks away until I stop in front of a tall glass building. I check the map on my phone to make sure I'm at the right place before I head inside.

                        Adrian

"Mr. Hafler, your 1:30 meeting is here," I hear my secretary say through the intercom in my office. I groan and close my sketchbook.

"Send them up," I reply, placing the book in its respectable drawer. Of course this meeting was placed during my drawing time. That's another bad thing to add onto this day. It was barely past noon and I was already having a terrible day. It started off with me waking up too late to make it to work on time. Then, Riot decided to run around the house and well...start a riot. After that, my car broke down on the way to work which left me with no other option but to hail a cab. And now, my drawing time is getting interrupted by another stupid meeting.