Chapter 11

Adrian

I sigh as I begin working on yet another project. I had just gotten out of my sixth meeting of the day and I'm extremely stressed. I draw a few lines on my sketch pad, despite feeling a bit uninspired. About a quarter through the sketch, I drop my pencil and put my head down on my desk, feeling my head throbbing. I slide open one of the drawers in my desk and grab a couple of aspirin, popping them into my mouth. After a sip of water, I lay my head back down and take a moment to relax.

I had been super busy and stressed with work and I was finally at my breaking point. It had been about three weeks since Luna came to my house, and about a week since I'd last seen him. Due to my busy schedule, I was only able to talk for about twenty minutes when I saw him.

The throbbing sensation in my head increases when I hear the door to my office open. "Mr. Hafler?" a soft voice says. I look up to see Josh standing in the doorway.

"What's up?" I sigh, resting my cheek on my fist.

"U-Uh...can we talk?"

"About what?" I question, even though I already know what it's about.

"What happened a few weeks ago...at my house."

"What about it?" I raise an eyebrow. "It happened. I'm over it and I hope you are too."

"You're over it?" His eyes widen.

I nod my head. "Yep. You were drunk and lost control of yourself. I'm not bothered by it."

"Oh..." he blushes with a smile. "Well then can we go–"

"No," I shake my head. "No thank you, Josh."

Josh's face immediately falls into a frown. "Why not? You said you were over it."

I run my fingers through my black hair and decide to tell him the truth. "You're not really my type."

"Your type? What's your type?" he questions. "Oh wait..I know. Curly headed little British boys who wear oversized sweaters and paint their nails white!"

"Actually, his nails are pink," I correct. "But yea I guess you're right."

"What does he have that I don't?!"

"A British accent, curly hair, an oversized sweater...pink nails," I shrug, leaning back against my chair with a smirk. "Shall I go on?"

"You're so rude!" Josh groans. "You're gonna fucking regret it when that little spoiled brat of a boy finds someone else and moves back to wherever the hell he came from!"

"Josh," I say, standing up from my chair and walking over to the front of my desk with a grin. "You're an amazing person and an even better employee," my face drops. "But I won't hesitate to fire you."

A look of fear takes over his face. "M-Mr. Hafler..."

"Get out of my office," I say, walking back over to my chair. I watch as he runs out of the door, tears spilling out of his eyes. I close my sketchbook and clean up my desk area, my head continuing to throb. I grunt as the door to my office opens once again. Without looking up, I speak, "what do you want now?!"

A voice whistles before responding, "I was just gonna ask why Josh just ran out of here crying but I can see that something...bad..just happened.."

I look up to see Tia standing in the doorway. My face softens at her presence. "Sorry, Tia...I'm just really stressed and I'm kinda having a bad day.."

"It's okay. I just came in here to see what was going on. I'll come back later, okay?"

Nodding my head, I reply. "Sure thing."